In everyone's rush to bash our freshman PG | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

In everyone's rush to bash our freshman PG

Not an either or for me; I was frustrated as hell and also knew the kid would grow from it.

Hate to lose, but Kaleb seems like the kind of kid who turns that stuff into motivation. Triche would have sulked for two months.

Just wondering, what do you guys see that makes you think he has so much talent? I'm absolutely not saying he doesnt, I'm just asking. Has he actually shown you something or are you assuming he's a Syracuse pg so he must be talented? So far he seems ok but I wouldn't be worried about him if he was the pg of any other ACC school. Tyus Jones at Duke and Ulis of UK look talented already, Joseph looks ok at scoring and not so ok at facilitating or dribbling.

Not an either or for me; I was frustrated as hell and also knew the kid would grow from it.

Hate to lose, but Kaleb seems like the kind of kid who turns that stuff into motivation. Triche would have sulked for two months.
Warning!!! Gratuitous Triche bash!

longislandcuse said:
Just wondering, what do you guys see that makes you think he has so much talent? I'm absolutely not saying he doesnt, I'm just asking. Has he actually shown you something or are you assuming he's a Syracuse pg so he must be talented? So far he seems ok but I wouldn't be worried about him if he was the pg of any other ACC school. Tyus Jones at Duke and Ulis of UK look talented already, Joseph looks ok at scoring and not so ok at facilitating or dribbling.

Jones and Ulis were Mickey D AAs. Joseph was in the next tier, He's not as talented, but he can be a very good player in time. At least he won't be declaring early and leaving us bare at PG.

We gotta develop some more secondary ballhandlers to not wear this kid out. Gbinjie should handle the ball very sparingly. Buss? These days most of the very good teams have two and three good ballhandlers. Next year we should be set in that dept.

SoBeCuse said:
We gotta develop some more secondary ballhandlers to not wear this kid out. Gbinjie should handle the ball very sparingly. Buss? These days most of the very good teams have two and three good ballhandlers. Next year we should be set in that dept.

Second year in a row without a backup point. Absurd.

I'm already having nightmares about the Louisville game

I find it interesting that there has been virtually no mention of his two key 1st half treys.
That's a big plus if he can give us one or two of those a game.

I am very satisfied at where Kaleb is right now.

The best part of this was listening to Dakich just get done saying that the defense doesn't have to respect Joseph's shot so they can collapse on Mac and Rak.

He did shoot up some craptacular 3s with double coverage that was just as bad as handing the ball to the other team. I'm not hating on Scoop, but he didn't make the best decisions on the court, especially his first couple of years.

Absolutely. In fact, I can count on 2 fingers the freshman PGs we've had that played better out of the shoot than Kaleb has played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom