In how many states have you seen Syracuse play? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

In how many states have you seen Syracuse play?

248ce0c089d81a1de3a5dbf1ae2a87f8.jpg

If someone hasn't missed a home game in the last 25 years they will have seen 52 teams without ever seeing SU play outside of the Dome.

If someone hasn't missed a home game in the last 25 years they will have seen 52 teams without ever seeing SU play outside of the Dome.
Sadly, you missed one of the best days ever as an Orange fan: At Michigan in 1998

Not that anyone cares, but:
NY - Archbold, Dome, Rich Stadium WSU '79 Home Game, Yankee St ND game
CA - Coliseum
PA - Franklin and Beaver Stadium
NJ - Meadowlands and MetLife
MD - Byrd Stadium 2019 pasting
VA - Lane (VT)
In 1986 at VA Tech I just happened to sit next to former AD Les Dye. This was before VT was in the Big East and I complainingly said, "I wonder why we are bothering to play VT? They're not really in the East. Seems like they're a fringe team. Who scheduled this game?"
And he looked at me, kinda laughed and said, "I did."

You only had H listed...

Now I feel real inadequate

I missed the Clemson win in the Dome so most people have that one me. Damn Friday game that I didn't get off of work for. I also missed the RU upset win in 2009 since I was too hung over after watching the BBall team beat UNC at MSG the night before. I also missed the 2003 ND game due to the blizzard. So that is three nice home Ws.

Besides those three I missed the losses to NC State and Duke in 2014 (out of country). I also missed the Holy Cross game in 2019. Pretty sure besides those six I have been to every home 1998 season through 2019 season.

EDIT

Forgot I missed 2006 UConn (funeral) that we actually won. So I missed 1 Coach P, 1 GRob (why didn't I choose to miss more?), 1 Marrone, 2 Shafer, and 2 Babers. We are 5-2 in those games, maybe I should stop going. Outside of Holy Cross I had an excuse for missing the games.

Last edited:
I'm working on visiting all 50 states, and I often use Syracuse as a good reason to visit a new place. My first time in Michigan, Kentucky, and Louisiana were all because of Syracuse.

It got me thinking - how many states have I watched Syracuse play in? I've only been to basketball games in New York, but for football, I've seen 'Cuse play in New York, New Jersey (MetLife), Connecticut, Maryland, Michigan, Kentucky, and Louisiana. Ohio in September will be 8.

Who can top me? I figure hoops, football, and lacrosse all count toward your total.
NY, PA,NJ,RI,MA,MI,NC,MD and FL

I'm working on visiting all 50 states, and I often use Syracuse as a good reason to visit a new place. My first time in Michigan, Kentucky, and Louisiana were all because of Syracuse.

It got me thinking - how many states have I watched Syracuse play in? I've only been to basketball games in New York, but for football, I've seen 'Cuse play in New York, New Jersey (MetLife), Connecticut, Maryland, Michigan, Kentucky, and Louisiana. Ohio in September will be 8.

Who can top me? I figure hoops, football, and lacrosse all count toward your total.
HA, UT, CA, NE, KS, CO, OH, MI, IN, TX, MO, IL, NY, PA, DC, MA, TN, FL, RI, NJ, CT, VA, MD, GA, LA, KY, NC.

I guess that is 27 (more than half the states). Plus Italy and the Bahamas.

What do I win?

Last edited:
HA, UT, CA, NE, KS, CO, OH, MI, IN, TX, MO, IL, NY, PA, DC, MA, TN, FL, RI, NJ, CT, VA, MD, DC, GA, LA, KY, NC.

I guess that is 28 (more than half the states). Plus Italy and the Bahamas.

What do I win?
I see DC twice. No padding your numbers. I've only got about 24 states to catch you.

HA, UT, CA, NE, KS, CO, OH, MI, IN, TX, MO, IL, NY, PA, DC, MA, TN, FL, RI, NJ, CT, VA, MD, DC, GA, LA, KY, NC.

I guess that is 28 (more than half the states). Plus Italy and the Bahamas.

What do I win?
Maybe a Road Atlas and a tire rotation

I see DC twice. No padding your numbers. I've only got about 24 states to catch you.
Thanks for catching that. I corrected it. I was doing a steam of consciousness thing based on various tourneys, etc, and DC inadvertently came to mind twice.

Last edited:
HA, UT, CA, NE, KS, CO, OH, MI, IN, TX, MO, IL, NY, PA, DC, MA, TN, FL, RI, NJ, CT, VA, MD, GA, LA, KY, NC.

What do I win?

cto- you didn't hit up a Great Alaskan Shootout?!

NY
MA
CT
NJ
PA
MD
VA
NC
KY
SC
GA
FL
OH
MI
IN
IL
LA
TX
UT

ON*
*=exhibition
If we are counting DC, I should have DC too. I have been to a few basketball games played down there.

A Georgetown win, a Georgetown loss and a win over Indiana. Maybe another NCAA win as well.

Thanks for noting that. I corrected it. I was doing a steam of consciousness thing based on various tourneys, etc, and DC inadvertently came to mind twice.
Ha, now I'll catch you! Going from 4 to 27 will be no problem at all!

cto- you didn't hit up a Great Alaskan Shootout?!
I attended most of those games after I retired. I couldn't take time off to go to Alaska for a basketball tournament while I was working. For example, I had to be at a breakfast meeting in CT at 7:30 a.m. the morning after the 1996 NC game at the Meadowlands (which ended at about midnight). I had a job which allowed me to take vacations in only August.

Last edited:
Fugue

Radar O’Reilly? Is that you?

cto- you didn't hit up a Great Alaskan

What do I win?
What state is HA? I am not familiar.