In order to avoid future conflicts on this board | Syracusefan.com

In order to avoid future conflicts on this board

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I have decided to name myself Arbiter of Recruiting Credit. Don't worry, the last time I named myself arbiter of something it was for nicknames on the hoops board, and that turned out legendary.

What does the Arbiter of Recruiting Credit do, you may ask? Well, the Arbiter of Recruiting Credit determines which players can be claimed by which head coach. This is relevant because we've changed head coaches, and there will likely be lots of confusion over which coach gets credit for which players, similar to the disagreements we've seen over GRob vs Marrone guys.

The Arbiter of Recruiting Credit adheres to the following three (3) guidelines:

1) Publicly known commitments matter - In order for a coach to be assigned credit for recruiting a player, the player's commitment to the coach/institution must be publicly acknowledged. Silent verbals do not count. For example, and likely irrelevant now, Laray Smith was supposedly committed to Syracuse, but this commitment was not public knowledge or recognized by any media/recruiting services. Therefore, the Arbiter of Recruiting Credit assumes no commitment.

2) The timing of said publicly known commitment matters - Once it is established that a commitment has taken place, when the commitment took place is the next issue at stake in determining which head coach gets recruiting credit. All public commitments are credited to the person named as head coach at the time of the commitment because they assumed the bulk of the work in getting the player to the point of commitment.

3) The combination of rules 1) and 2) supersede any waffling a recruit may have leading up to signing day, or any re-recruiting that may need to take place during a head coaching change. Por ejemplo, Tyler Provo publicly committed under Doug Marrone, therefore he is a Doug Marrone recruit even though we understand some re-recruitment was needed in order to maintain his commitment.

Therefore...

Marrone's recruits:

Brown
Burton
Arciniega
Kelly
Kirkland
Trejo
Miller
Johnson
Hodge
Wilson
Williams
Provo

Shafer's recruits:

Estime
Kimble
Batten
Cooper
Hayes
Scissum
Winfield

Courtesy of the commit list from the ex-girlfriend board.

Normally it would be common courtesy to say discuss among yourselves, but given that I'm the arbiter the case is closed.

Have you determined which ones have wives, versus the ones who have "wives".

Does that apply to babies?

Although its a departure from the norm, we ought to keep a separate bank for recruits credited to GMcD, whether due to original or re-recruiting. I know that doesn't have anything to do with why you are creating this division, but we ought to anyway. That list appears to be comprised of all the players on both your lists combined.

Just a joke, but wanted to note how impressed I am with his efforts so far.

Have you determined which ones have wives, versus the ones who have "wives".

Does that apply to babies?
Too soon, man.

Although its a departure from the norm, we ought to keep a separate bank for recruits credited to GMcD, whether due to original or re-recruiting. I know that doesn't have anything to do with why you are creating this division, but we ought to anyway. That list appears to be comprised of all the players on both your lists combined.

Just a joke, but wanted to note how impressed I am with his efforts so far.
Yeah, McDonald's an animal.

Can I be added to your panel in charge of assigning nicknames? Aside from Machete, we've got some work to do.

Can I be added to your panel in charge of assigning nicknames? Aside from Machete, we've got some work to do.
As Arbiter of Nicknames I hereby assign ImperialOrange to the panel in charge of assigning nicknames.

Nicknames have to happen - they have to stick i.e. used often. No panel, no arbitrator, no nothin,

Nicknames have to happen - they have to stick i.e. used often. No panel, no arbitrator, no nothin,
Well Crusty, as an expression of gratitude for your wisdom and insight you've also been added to the panel in charge of assigning nicknames.

Well Crusty, as an expression of gratitude for your wisdom and insight you've also been added to the panel in charge of assigning nicknames.

:bang: No panels, they are like er, committees - it was a committee that named a piece of fruit as our mascot. I shall just offer suggestions and retain my right to exercise the disappointment option, where appropriate!

:bang: No panels, they are like er, committees - it was a committee that named a piece of fruit as our mascot. I shall just offer suggestions and retain my right to exercise the disappointment option, where appropriate!
All in favor of naming Crusty as co-Arbiter of Nicknames? ;):D

As Arbiter of Nicknames I hereby assign ImperialOrange to the panel in charge of assigning nicknames.

Will the panel convene as LOI's are sent in or will this be a post signing day festivity? I've got Trevon "Danny 'Machete'" Trejo, Corey "Hangin w/ Mr" Cooper, Mitch "John" Kimble, and John Miller "time" as current working rough drafts. Thoughts and/or additions? I'm also thing George "Mad Dog" McDonald for our lead recruiter/OC.

Will the panel convene as LOI's are sent in or will this be a post signing day festivity? I've got Trevon "Danny 'Machete'" Trejo, Corey "Hangin w/ Mr" Cooper, Mitch "John" Kimble, and John Miller "time" as current working rough drafts. Thoughts and/or additions? I'm also thing George "Mad Dog" McDonald for our lead recruiter/OC.
Post signing day.

Being an awesome human being, I will give the nickname of "Cheeto" to Corey Cooper. For no reason in particular other than than "cheetos" are Orange, I just like the nickname "Cheeto".

Seeing Corey Cooper will be awesome in Orange, I along with others, will get to say "Cheeto" alot.

Join me in welcoming "Cheeto" to the Orange Mafia.

Being an awesome human being, I will give the nickname of "Cheeto" to Corey Cooper. For no reason in particular other than than "cheetos" are Orange, I just like the nickname "Cheeto".

Seeing Corey Cooper will be awesome in Orange, I along with others, will get to say "Cheeto" alot.

Join me in welcoming "Cheeto" to the Orange Mafia.

Appreciate the effort but I feel Corey "Mr" Cooper will be acceptable as well especially when pointing out that opposing defenses can not, in fact, hang with him.

Questions: IF a player verbally commits to Coach #1, and then de-commits during the change to Coach #2, does #1 receive credit for the commit, while #2 gets credit for the de-commit? If the player re-opens recruiting, and is then re-upped by Coach #2, does Coach #2 get full credit? Doesn't seem fair that Coach #2 would get saddles with the loss of a player, who he never recruited, and gets no credit for getting a verbal from a kid who needed to be recruited all over again.

Appreciate the effort but I feel Corey "Mr" Cooper will be acceptable as well especially when pointing out that opposing defenses can not, in fact, hang with him.

Then "Cheeto" can go to Brisly or Luke. Needs to go to a playmaker. ;)

Then "Cheeto" can go to Brisly or Luke. Needs to go to a playmaker. ;)
We're putting the cart before the horse here, but Mr. Cooper is approved, as is the use of Cheeto for somebody.

Questions: IF a player verbally commits to Coach #1, and then de-commits during the change to Coach #2, does #1 receive credit for the commit, while #2 gets credit for the de-commit? If the player re-opens recruiting, and is then re-upped by Coach #2, does Coach #2 get full credit? Doesn't seem fair that Coach #2 would get saddles with the loss of a player, who he never recruited, and gets no credit for getting a verbal from a kid who needed to be recruited all over again.
Nobody gets credit for de-committing. We don't talk about people no longer associated with our program. Recruiting credit is only earned for players that commit. One cannot subtract from recruiting credit.

As for the second scenario you discussed re: coach #2 gets no credit for getting a verbal from a kid needing re-recruitment, well... tough beans for coach 2. He gets no credit. There is no such thing in this arbitration as reopening recruitment. This is why your wise arbiter is establishing this now to prevent future arguments.

I would like to file a motion to shift Brown to Shafer's board... he committed here because of Shafer earlier in the year and openly stated so.

I would like to file a motion to shift Brown to Shafer's board... he committed here because of Shafer earlier in the year and openly stated so.
Motion... DENIED!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom