In some shocking news Rosen and Darnold declare for draft. | Syracusefan.com

In some shocking news Rosen and Darnold declare for draft.

Real question is; which of that three do the Giants take?

I hope none trade down buy a free agent. I dont think either one of these guys make it.

I hope none trade down buy a free agent. I dont think either one of these guys make it.
So no to Barkley also?

So no to Barkley also?
No to Barkley also. Id rather see us load up on picks and go free agent. Rookie QBs work out about 20% of the time.

Those QBs are going to be busts.

Barkley, if healthy, can have a good career. But I would not take him top 5. He won't be that much of a difference maker to warrant the money he will get being drafted 4th.

No to Barkley also. Id rather see us load up on picks and go free agent. Rookie QBs work out about 20% of the time.

Worked well for Cleveland.

Regardless of what QB is picked if they are drafted into a position where they play early the odds are against them. It is rare that a QB enters the NFL and plays year one and has sustainable success. Hopefully whoever your team is they can plan for the future and mold their future QB behind a good one.

On a side note it is amazing to me that in this world there are literally only about 15 guys who can play NFL QB at a moderately good to great level.

Regardless of what QB is picked if they are drafted into a position where they play early the odds are against them. It is rare that a QB enters the NFL and plays year one and has sustainable success. Hopefully whoever your team is they can plan for the future and mold their future QB behind a good one.

On a side note it is amazing to me that in this world there are literally only about 15 guys who can play NFL QB at a moderately good to great level.

Blame college offenses.

I would take Barkley over either of the QBs. Kid is a legit stud. Too many questions about the QBs.

I would take Barkley over either of the QBs. Kid is a legit stud. Too many questions about the QBs.

As a Giants fan, we need Rosen more than Barkley. Unless the Giants go bonkers and get Cousins - which I'd be shocked to see - they need to go QB and then fix the OL, LBs.

I love how half the board is calling Rosen and Darnold busts...Rosen is one of the best QB prospects to come out since Luck. I remember when some here thought Nassib was a first rounder.

It’s a QB centric league folks. As great as Barkley is, it’s tough to run in the NFL against 8 man fronts. Look at Gurley last year vs this year...

As a Giants fan, we need Rosen more than Barkley. Unless the Giants go bonkers and get Cousins - which I'd be shocked to see - they need to go QB and then fix the OL, LBs.

The idea of taking a RB over a QB - esp with that line - is nuts.

Pretty sure that Gettleman is going to fix the OL via mid round draft picks and free agency.

Eli will probably be our QB for another 2 years. During that time Davis Webb keeps getting groomed.

Take the stud RB. Saquan is a monster. If you really want a QB as well this year, take Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield in the 2nd round and let them battle it out with Webb over the next 2 years to see who is Eli's heir apparent.

Look at what the last few top pick RB's have done for their teams. Fournette helped Jacksonville a lot this year. Gurley is Gurley. The cowboys without Zeke are a joke. When was the last time the Giants have had that holy crap stud RB? It's been a loooooong time.

I like the kid from USC. Struggled this year but he's got tools.

Pretty sure that Gettleman is going to fix the OL via mid round draft picks and free agency.

Eli will probably be our QB for another 2 years. During that time Davis Webb keeps getting groomed.

Take the stud RB. Saquan is a monster. If you really want a QB as well this year, take Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield in the 2nd round and let them battle it out with Webb over the next 2 years to see who is Eli's heir apparent.

Look at what the last few top pick RB's have done for their teams. Fournette helped Jacksonville a lot this year. Gurley is Gurley. The cowboys without Zeke are a joke. When was the last time the Giants have had that holy crap stud RB? It's been a loooooong time.

Why do we think Webb is the heir apparent?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom