In the end, pretty clear to see that the brands won out | Syracusefan.com

In the end, pretty clear to see that the brands won out

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
the teams with tradition, history on the football side, etc. Pitt, WVU. Syracuse. I think this is what most have been saying for years. Rutgers and UCONN will wind up somewhere and be fine possibly but this is definitely a draft and the first day just ended. No need even debating this...

Louisville and USF who knows. God I really hated the Big East

I agree totally...bottom-line the leagues are old school and traditional. Pitt and Cuse will always be competitive. Even after hiring a mistake...we have gone past Rutgirls in 2 1/2 seasons compared to year 11 of Shadyvision.

I kinda feel sorry for Louisville...they are a good program.

I agree totally...bottom-line the leagues are old school and traditional. Pitt and Cuse will always be competitive. Even after hiring a mistake...we have gone past Rutgirls in 2 1/2 seasons compared to year 11 of Shadyvision.

I kinda feel sorry for Louisville...they are a good program.

Especially with Strong as well, I agree.

the teams with tradition, history on the football side, etc. Pitt, WVU. Syracuse. I think this is what most have been saying for years. Rutgers and UCONN will wind up somewhere and be fine possibly but this is definitely a draft and the first day just ended. No need even debating this...

Louisville and USF who knows. God I really hated the Big East

I came to grips a couple of seasons ago with the realization that what I loved about the Big East went by the wayside after 2004, when the conference expanded after the ACC raid.

As much as I enjoyed the traditional rivalries on the hoops side, that hybrid conference we got just wasn't the same. I'm cool with sacrificing games against GTown and Villanova for long term financial stability for out athletic department. Rutgers...USF...Cinci...Marquette...couldn't care less.

..would like to keep Georgetown, Marquette and Villanova...think they are good teams and worthy competition...

..would like to keep Georgetown, Marquette and Villanova...think they are good teams and worthy competition...
Could care less about Marquette, Depaul, Providence, Seton Hall, Rutgers, USF, Cincy, or L'ville. L'ville is a solid all around program but we have no real history with them.

Georgetown, Villanova, ND, St. Johns, and UCONN (if they don't make it into the ACC) would be nice to have annual BB series with, or maybe every other year if the scheduling doesn't work. Come to think of it, to play those 5 teams OOC every year would make the schedule murder with the ACC schedule.

Could care less about Marquette, Depaul, Providence, Seton Hall, Rutgers, USF, Cincy, or L'ville. L'ville is a solid all around program but we have no real history with them.

Georgetown, Villanova, ND, St. Johns, and UCONN (if they don't make it into the ACC) would be nice to have annual BB series with, or maybe every other year if the scheduling doesn't work. Come to think of it, to play those 5 teams OOC every year would make the schedule murder with the ACC schedule.
That's why I think we put those schools with whom we want to maintain a 'relationship' with will be on a rotating schedule. G'town home-and-home (home one season, road the next), Nova home-and-home, UConn home-and-home. Or maybe a neutral-site game against each of these, one per season (SU-UConn @MSG?). Other than that, I think you'll see our usual OOC schedule, chock full of upstate courtesy calls.

For all the incessant talk about markets, most of the conference moves that have occured in the past year were led by brands, and the markets were a nice tag-a-long.

Nebraska
Colorado
Utah
Texas A&M
TCU
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Missouri

Lots of bigger "markets" didn't make those cuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom