In the future do we want to play Florida State and Clemson early in the season or late? | Syracusefan.com

In the future do we want to play Florida State and Clemson early in the season or late?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Obviously we would love to have them split up as much as possible one in the first half and one later but looking at how many Big Ten East teams play Michigan and Ohio State back to back I was wondering which is better to have those tough games early or at the end when you could be more injured and bruised up.

I would prefer to play them earlier to have easier matchups later in the year. I wonder what Dino would prefer.

I would prefer to play them earlier to have easier matchups later in the year. .

I agree with you there. Have the most fan anxiety in the beginning and then ease up a bit as the season goes on, lol.

Last edited:
it's time for someone to hire swinney away and it's time for petrino to sabotage himself. hoping this happens in the next couple years. these teams are not supposed to be great every year - FSU, ok, fine.

it's time for someone to hire swinney away and it's time for petrino to sabotage himself. hoping this happens in the next couple years. these teams are not supposed to be great every year - FSU, ok, fine.

Root for Alabama. Another title makes it more likely Saban will retire. And Dabo can get his dream job.

Rather play them late. Having a 7-3 record going into an FSU or Clemson game will generate buzz for the program and help recruiting. Playing them earlier and being 5-5 going into BC and Pitt would change perception a lot. Just the way the world works. Look at NC State who somehow gets respect every year due to a string start even though it is all from a cupcake OOC schedule. No one notices that they end up 3-5 in the ACC every year.

We tend to get really banged up playing these schools. From that perspective, it is better to have it happen late in the season.

Both end their season against traditional SEC schools, so a pairing in the final week of the regular season is not in the cards.

Both like to play a weak team the week before the SEC finale though, and we are a strong candidate for that game. Like we drew with FSU this year.

If you are talking best chance to win, it would early in the season. The big advantages in depth these programs have over the less established ones are less important early.

This is a trick question. In 2 more years we will be asking them whether they want to play US early or late.

I think Saban, if they win it all again, leaves this year for one more crack at the NFL. Imagine the Packers job opens up (Mike McCarthy absolutely stinks). That would make a ton of sense for Nick to round out his career in the storied Packer organization. If that happens, 10 dominoes ensue starting with the bama job. I bet Swinney would go there (alum) and then it opens up Petrino for Clemson (he'd b perfect there).

We just need Louisville to revert back, not Clemson or FSU

I think Saban, if they win it all again, leaves this year for one more crack at the NFL. Imagine the Packers job opens up (Mike McCarthy absolutely stinks). That would make a ton of sense for Nick to round out his career in the storied Packer organization. If that happens, 10 dominoes ensue starting with the bama job. I bet Swinney would go there (alum) and then it opens up Petrino for Clemson (he'd b perfect there).

Really think Bama hires Jimbo before Dabo? Hmmmmm...
Dabo isn't going to Bama for at least 2 more years. It's his school, wouldn't be a shock if he did - but he isn't going to FSU for sure.

Do it, fire McCarthy, go ahead, I hope you have decades of futility you spoiled rotten brats. It's the same logic that got P fired. You don't know when you have it good. Well P may not have been able to keep it at the highest level his entire career but we haven't had a coach with a winning record since. How many div titles has McCarthy won? Maybe the problem is the current mix of personnel and your GM and not the coach. You've got to be kidding me. Over 100 career victories and he stinks. Most NFL coaches never coach 100 games in their entire career let alone win that many. I hate the Green Bay Packers and wish nothing but misery for their entire entitled rotten cheesy fanbase.

Do it, fire McCarthy, go ahead, I hope you have decades of futility you spoiled rotten brats. It's the same logic that got P fired. You don't know when you have it good. Well P may not have been able to keep it at the highest level his entire career but we haven't had a coach with a winning record since. How many div titles has McCarthy won? Maybe the problem is the current mix of personnel and your GM and not the coach. You've got to be kidding me. Over 100 career victories and he stinks. Most NFL coaches never coach 100 games in their entire career let alone win that many. I hate the Green Bay Packers and wish nothing but misery for their entire entitled rotten cheesy fanbase.
McCarthy is a moron. He doesn't game plan at all. He relies on Rodgers being elite and making plays. They don't spend money on FAs and that roster is devoid of playmakers beyond Rodgers/Nelson/Cobb and on D Matthews.
They need to gameplan better and actually try to confuse teams they don't. Give Green Bay a Tom Coughlin or Nick Saban they would be better.

Root for Alabama. Another title makes it more likely Saban will retire. And Dabo can get his dream job.

>Alabama wins title
>Saban "retires"
>Dino offers him the DC position
>all the championships

How many division titles and wins does he have without a Top 10 QB of all time?

>Alabama wins title
>Saban "retires"
>Dino offers him the DC position
>all the championships

If the guy truly wanted to prove how great he was, he'd take this offer and challenge before going to the Packers.

Early, catch them while they are still making mistakes early in the season

either as long as the games are at least 3 or 4 weeks a part

If we play them late, it will mean we've improved to the point where it's become a big game.

McCarthy is a moron. He doesn't game plan at all. He relies on Rodgers being elite and making plays. They don't spend money on FAs and that roster is devoid of playmakers beyond Rodgers/Nelson/Cobb and on D Matthews.
They need to gameplan better and actually try to confuse teams they don't. Give Green Bay a Tom Coughlin or Nick Saban they would be better.

Dude has a pretty good overall record, been around a long time and has had plenty of assistants move onward and upward... I would hardly call him a moron. Struggling a bit past couple years but had injury issues and defense last year was bad.

Dude has a pretty good overall record, been around a long time and has had plenty of assistants move onward and upward... I would hardly call him a moron. Struggling a bit past couple years but had injury issues and defense last year was bad.
He is George Seifert 2.0. He rides the talent he has. His game calling and game planning is awful. There scheme is so basic and doesn't do anything except hoping Rodgers makes play.
That team has a generational QB and the HC sucks.

I would prefer to have them split - one early(ish) and one late. Ideally, there would be 4-5 weeks between the two.

How many division titles and wins does he have without a Top 10 QB of all time?

That is an incredibly slippery slope. Do you then discredit all coaches in sports history who have been successful with players who are Top 10 all-time at their particular position?

That is an incredibly slippery slope. Do you then discredit all coaches in sports history who have been successful with players who are Top 10 all-time at their particular position?

No.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom