In the it's going to get better category - OL is | Syracusefan.com

In the it's going to get better category - OL is

GoSU96

Living Legend
just getting started.

Emerich - 10 starts at Center, Palmer 12 at RT, Cam - 1 start at TE last year.

That's it on the OL for experience.

Last week the OL was:

LT - So. Cody Conway making his third career start,
LG - R. So Aaron Roberts making his third start,
C - R. Fr Colin Byrne making his first start,
RG - R.Sr - Omari Palmer, only guy with a couple of years of starting experience,
RT - R.Jr Jamar McGloster, 3rd career start,
TE - Cam MacPherson 4th career start.

Through three games, SU's percentage of sacks per attempt is 61st, which considering the experience level and amount of empty sets and 5 man protections they run is pretty damn good in my opinion.

The negative play percentage is up from last year, but this offense is going from 115th in pass attempts to 4th, 126th in plays run to 1st, with line featuring 3/4 new starters vs a line that had 5 returning vets last year, and against two excellent front sevens that feature speed, power, and experience.

I for one think this bodes well for games against our traditional and regional opponents this year and against everybody going forward.

uconn/BC while having avg offenses have been solid on D and caused us issues.

it will be interesting to see where VT/ND/Pitt fall and then Wake/NC st but I think FSU/USF/Clem/UL will be the 4 best we see so we are done with 2 of them and held up OK.

too small a body of work, but the running game has gotten better every week, just not as fast as we make like .

it will be interesting to see where VT/ND/Pitt fall and then Wake/NC st but I think FSU/USF/Clem/UL will be the 4 best we see so we are done with 2 of them and held up OK.

too small a body of work, but the running game has gotten better every week, just not as fast as we make like .

You're being too kind to their offenses lol

What is the definition of an average offense when bringing in Ucon and BC to this discussion.

just getting started.

Emerich - 10 starts at Center, Palmer 12 at RT, Cam - 1 start at TE last year.

That's it on the OL for experience.

Last week the OL was:

LT - So. Cody Conway making his third career start,
LG - R. So Aaron Roberts making his third start,
C - R. Fr Colin Byrne making his first start,
RG - R.Sr - Omari Palmer, only guy with a couple of years of starting experience,
RT - R.Jr Jamar McGloster, 3rd career start,
TE - Cam MacPherson 4th career start.

Through three games, SU's percentage of sacks per attempt is 61st, which considering the experience level and amount of empty sets and 5 man protections they run is pretty damn good in my opinion.

The negative play percentage is up from last year, but this offense is going from 115th in pass attempts to 4th, 126th in plays run to 1st, with line featuring 3/4 new starters vs a line that had 5 returning vets last year, and against two excellent front sevens that feature speed, power, and experience.

I for one think this bodes well for games against our traditional and regional opponents this year and against everybody going forward.
I agree with your main point. However, I would make a couple of qualifications. First, the sacs per attempt may be misleading given all of the quick passes we throw. Second, there is no guarantee that the line will improve to ACC level. One would certainly hope so, but we won't know for a couple of years.
Basically, I think you are right, but we really haven't had a really good online since 2012. Makes one skeptical.

The O-line deserves a lot of credit for running so many plays. I may be wrong about this but I don't see a lot of substitutions during the game for the O-line. They get back to the line of scrimmage and keep going.

I liked what I saw from Byrne before he came out last Saturday

I like byrne alot but he has to solidify those snaps. ED had to dig a few out, including the td strike to brisly.

When Clark moves to center, the OL will be fortified.

We don't need 5 studs. Justin Pugh proved what a huge difference just one elite lineman can make. I don't think it was any coincidence that our great offensive run under Nassib coincided with Pugh getting healthy. One stud and 4 competent people can make it work.

Mike Clark moves to RT perhaps (or maybe those saying center know something) and Evan Adams at RG next year. Lots more size.