Inching closer to a bowl | Syracusefan.com

Inching closer to a bowl

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Hopefully we find a way to beat Mizzou, because I'd rather not leave it to the last game of the year.

Looking ahead, the Big East bowl tie ins are:

BBVA Compass - Birmingham, AL
Beef O'Brady's - St. Petersburg, FL
Pinstripe - NYC
Russel Athletic - Orlando, FL
Belk - Charlotte, NC

Where is your preference?

Any bowl, at this point, would be fine. I'll take the Stripe.

Yeah, Pinstripe Bowl would be my preference...any idea of what potential opponents/conference pairings for that game? I suppose the Belk Bowl in Charlotte would be my second choice. I'm guessing that we would play an ACC opponent...preview match-up for next season?

Yeah, Pinstripe Bowl would be my preference...any idea of what potential opponents/conference pairings for that game? I suppose the Belk Bowl in Charlotte would be my second choice. I'm guessing that we would play an ACC opponent...preview match-up for next season?
ACC: Belk, Russell Athletic
B12: Pinstripe
SEC: BBVA Compass
C-USA: Beef O Brady

I'm too drunk to google it. Can someone list the dates of those bowls? Gracias

I have worked the sidelines at the Beef the last few years . Given recent history I would love to share an Orange win close up!

I have worked the sidelines at the Beef the last few years . Given recent history I would love to share an Orange win close up!

Only 4 BE teams might be eligible...UL, Cincy, Girls and most likely us. I see the BE sending us to NY. The BE gotta send the 4 to the 4 highest grossing bowls. Cuse vs WVU in NY would be a sellout and get great ratings.

Only 4 BE teams might be eligible...UL, Cincy, Girls and most likely us. I see the BE sending us to NY. The BE gotta send the 4 to the 4 highest grossing bowls. Cuse vs WVU in NY would be a sellout and get great ratings.

if if by some chance pitt gets to 6-6 we beat them so we'd probably go to nyc and send pitt somewhere else. i have listed % of chance we go to each tie in.

BCS: 5% unlikely unless we get some 3 team tie at 5-2 while we run the table.
russell athletic: 10% as bigeast would likely force them to take rutgers or us even if they wanted us.
belk:25% need to have cincy(1) or rutgers lose (2)
pinstripe:60% looks good if we can win 1.

looking at potential opponents if you go by standings:

orange: florida state/clemson
russell athletic/belk: miami/georgia tech/nc state/duke
pinstripe: iowa state / wvu
bbva compass: ole miss/vandy

Are you counting on a huge WVU turnout for the Pinstripe to sellout? I just can't see that happening. The last two couldn't have been any more than 75% full.

Are you counting on a huge WVU turnout for the Pinstripe to sellout? I just can't see that happening. The last two couldn't have been any more than 75% full.
I was counting on 25k Cuse fans, 15k WVU fans and hopefully 10k neutral...maybe not an absolute sellout but we should have the largest Pinstripe audience since it started...is it too much to ask for 45 and sunny?

Ordinarily 'eer fans would travel more but I'm pretty sure they will be pretty beat down morale wise and they probably spent a ton of money trying to travel to some B12 road games. The Pinstripe could see two 6-6 teams.

I was counting on 25k Cuse fans, 15k WVU fans and hopefully 10k neutral...maybe not an absolute sellout but we should have the largest Pinstripe audience since it started...is it too much to ask for 45 and sunny?

Ordinarily 'eer fans would travel more but I'm pretty sure they will be pretty beat down morale wise and they probably spent a ton of money trying to travel to some B12 road games. The Pinstripe could see two 6-6 teams.
I think you're selling WVU fans short. They'd show up in droves to watch dana holgerson get his hair cut. Anything WVU football and they'd bring a ton.

If Pitt gets to the bowl game, I would bet the Pinstripe orchestrates a renewal of the backyard brawl. I'm rooting for the Pinstripe though. Texas or WVU would be my referred opponents.

Won't be us in the beef, but looking like BE gets 5 or 6 bowling. I will still be on the sidelines and would rather Pitt or UConn than a MAC or Sunbelt team.