Incoming Class Ranked Sixth | Syracusefan.com

Incoming Class Ranked Sixth

I know it doesn't mean much, but I hate being ranked behind ALL those schools. I also hate being ranked behind Villa-'nova in a conference prediction I saw the other day.:mad:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if we suffered our first (our second) big east loss this year.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if we suffered our first (our second) big east loss this year.

Good thing the BE Lax Tournament starts this season.

Bad thing ... it's at Nova.

I don't put too much faith in IL's class rankings.
They ranked the Terps class #9 two years ago. It was a small class for the Terps, but six of those players were contributing in their 2nd season: Haus (HM AA), Amato (All-ACC), Jesse Bernhardt (LSM), C.Holmes (FO), Landon Carr (ssdm), and K.Cooper (2nd midfield).

9 players in the top 100 sounds pretty good. The only thing one might question with Syracuse's current recruiting is getting those top (Powell-like) offensive players.
In the rising junior class, Syracuse does have the #4 and #13 players:
http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2011...september-issue-2011-top-50-young-gun-juniors
4. Jordan Evans Attack, Midfield/Jamesville-DeWitt (N.Y.)/Syracuse
13. Dylan Maltz Attack/Stone Bridge (Va.)/Syracuse

ESPN Rise, Tom Peace, has his recruit rankings in for the rising seniors,
http://espn.go.com/high-school/lacrosse/story/_/id/7026311/2011-boys-lacrosse-espnhs-100

Syracuse doesn't do that well on this list for offensive players. My school, Maryland doesn't do that well either. It is interesting to compare it with the top 50 rising seniors on Inside lacrosse:
http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2011...september-issue-2011-top-50-young-gun-seniors

I, of course, prefer the IL list. They have a couple of UMd recruits listed 22 and 23, Lord and Fosberg, who don't even appear in Peace's top 100. But what is the real story? Time will tell.

I think Desko recruits good athletes who fit his system. They don't necessarily have to be top-ranked.

That might work well with defense and midfield, but I think it is good to get some top talent at attack.

That might work well with defense and midfield, but I think it is good to get some top talent at attack.
I agree... Get the big strong athletes to play defense and middie and weave in some scoring from Canada and offensively gifted stick handlers from CNY through the attack and midfield lines.

This is the known top 40 IL players who are attackmen that will be on the ACC teams when Syracuse joins in 2013-2014:
UNC sophs #1 Galasso (55pts), #39 Foster (17pts)
fresh #2 Bitter, #7 Sankey
2012 #7 P.Kelly
UVa sophs #3 Cockerton (17pts)
fresh #5 Walrath, #34 Michael
2012 #3 Pannell
2013 #5 Lukacovic
Duke sophs #12 Wolf (51pts), #23 Dionne (13pts)
fresh #19 Keenan
2012 #2 Matheis, #39 Connelly
2013 #39 Guterding
UMd sophs
fresh #6 Solomon, #16 Forster, #30 Carlson
2012 #22 Lord, #23 Forsberg
2013 #1 Rambo, #9 Cannizzaro
Syracuse sophs #14 Ward, #15 Cathers, #29 Powderly
fresh #15 Grimm
2013 #4 Evans, #13 Matz

All the ACC teams are recruiting pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom