Indiana setting up to be perfect trap game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Indiana setting up to be perfect trap game

I actually called that loss months earlier. We didn't have but a couple of days to get over the trip.

That was a quicker return than it will be this year. And we have a history of playing badly in Florida.

Indiana is weak. We roll them

We will see - personally I think they will be the best team we face until UNC. I hope we are not down by more than 5 at the half as I think we are a better 2nd half team and can make up 5 easily.

Last edited:
Yogi is still having nightmares about last years game. Stick it to him early and often and they are history.

They're not going to spend all day flying back on Thanksgiving day. They'll get a day off, have their holiday dinner out there as a team and spend all day Friday flying back.
They left a half hour ago.

RF2044 said:
Pessimism. Its what's for Thanksgiving dinner.

I don't know why you have to be so sarcastic and ridiculously positive. It's not like any of these things have happened:

-A FR PG is starting to mature and show signs of running the position as well as it has been run here in awhile.
-RAK seems to have some emotion, fire and life.
-We made some FT's.
-Spacing on offense was excellent.
-Ball movement was great for an SU team.
-Our best shooter is smart enough to cut back door on the overplay on the back door screen and 2 of our bigs hit him.
-JB didn't take the gas off Baylor.

If any of those things had happened, I would agree with you. But it's so obvious that this team is in the tank that negativity is absolutely and completely warranted.

44cuse

The revenge of Yogi? I think not. If there is any such thing as Karma, IU never beats Syracuse in basketball again in our lifetimes. The SMART money is on Cuse for this one fellas.

I saw a tweet from Matt Park yesterday that said they would spend the morning relaxing, have Thanksgiving meal at the resort, and then start their trip back tonight. Expected to arrive home around noon on Friday.

Even better, so they get some sleep time on the plane.

We're gonna kick their tails.

Who does OrangePA root for? :noidea:

Also worried about the jet lag, etc. I know they are still in Hawaii. Maybe coming back tomorrow? I think they are staying for Thanksgiving. Tough first game back home after a long trip.
For me at least, the jet lag has always been worse traveling west. Ireland to U S just threw me for about a week.

For me at least, the jet lag has always been worse traveling west. Ireland to U S just threw me for about a week.

The secret in flying back from Hawaii is to take the red-eye. Board around 10:30 p.m., cat nap as best you can, change in LAX or SFO, and get back to the East Coast around 4 p.m. Eat a normal dinner and hit the sack for a good night's sleep. The next day will seem relatively normal. If that doesn't work, reschedule the game to 10 p.m. EST and Cuse will still think it's playing an afternoon game in Maui.-VBOF

Sounds like someone's got a bad feeling...

Yes I do. But the difference is even if we do lose I won't spaz out like a majority here will. There are several situational matchups that will pop up during a season that make navigating your schedule either more difficult or easy. This happens to be one of the more difficult ones. It's not that I am being pessimistic or negative, it's analyzing your schedule with an unbiased opinion.

Yes I do. But the difference is even if we do lose I won't spaz out like a majority here will. There are several situational matchups that will pop up during a season that make navigating your schedule either more difficult or easy. This happens to be one of the more difficult ones. It's not that I am being pessimistic or negative, it's analyzing your schedule with an unbiased opinion.
Haha, I know man. I'm just kidding. However, if we play like we did in Maui, I don't think there's anyway Indiana hangs with us.

Haha, I know man. I'm just kidding. However, if we play like we did in Maui, I don't think there's anyway Indiana hangs with us.

For sure. IF we play like that there aren't many teams in the country that can play with us.

Read the Indy boards. No one thinks they will win over there. Almost no one there thinks they will give us a game. It's really the opposite of what you read on opposing fan boards.

Read the Indy boards. No one thinks they will win over there. Almost no one there thinks they will give us a game. It's really the opposite of what you read on opposing fan boards.

I don't blame them after watching Crean stuff himself last year

I am chill I am just realistic. This scenario has a long proven history. A lot of you are acting like we just conquered the world and are untouchable. This has nothing to do about me thinking we are a bad team, or that IU is some great team. This is just how things work.

And the buttercup thing was pretty Fun weird

I haven't heard that term since Ferris Bueller's Day off

▶ Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Rooney's Phone Call - YouTube

In my humble and naive-Orange-tainted opinion, I think the only issue against Indiana is rebounding. They seem to hit the boards pretty hard so Rak/Keita/Coleman better get their game on and box out those suckers! We haven't been at our best rebounding this year.

When I flew back from Belgium earlier this year I stayed up the last night enjoying lots of great Belgium Ales, stayed up all night and slept pretty much all the way across the Atlantic. Yes, I was a little hung over, but was oblivious to over 6 hours of my flight - I'm using this strategy again on all my trips back across the Atlantic :D

That's a far cry from the smack they were talking prior to last year's game.

Smug, arrogant fanbase. Several of the ones who were posting over here acted like we didn't even belong on the same court with them, and that they couldn't fathom a scenario where we'd be able to beat them. Oops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom