Indiana... | Syracusefan.com

Indiana...

bpo57

Living Legend
keep seeing them mentioned as a bubble team. Seriously? 7-11 in a watered down B1G? There oughtta be a law...

Where? They are getting no votes in the bracket matrix. They beat Kansas and UNC in the non-conference, but that was before Anunoby got hurt.

Where? They are getting no votes in the bracket matrix. They beat Kansas and UNC in the non-conference, but that was before Anunoby got hurt.

Read the bubble threads here.

Indiana is more of a "they will be alive if they win 3 B10 Tournament games" type team. It's just like Clemson.

You can't bury a team like IU or Clemson or Iowa until they are eliminated. Conference Touranments give ample opportunitis for multiple massive wins that can really boost resumes.

They wouldn't be close if the selections were made today - but they have a path in the B10 tourney that if they won a few games, they'd be close.

Indiana is more of a "they will be alive if they win 3 B10 Tournament games" type team. It's just like Clemson.

You can't bury a team like IU or Clemson or Iowa until they are eliminated. Conference Touranments give ample opportunitis for multiple massive wins that can really boost resumes.

They wouldn't be close if the selections were made today - but they have a path in the B10 tourney that if they won a few games, they'd be close.

To me if you go 7-11 in any league, particularly one that is down on a historical basis like the B1G, then you need to win your conference tourney to get in. To place outsized influence on a three game winning streak makes a mockery of the "total body of work" theory that all games count equally no matter when they are played.

To me if you go 7-11 in any league, particularly one that is down on a historical basis like the B1G, then you need to win your conference tourney to get in. To place outsized influence on a three game winning streak makes a mockery of the "total body of work" theory that all games count equally no matter when they are played.
Then we won't play conference tourney's and the autobid for every conference goes to the regular season winner

Then we won't play conference tourney's and the autobid for every conference goes to the regular season winner

I'm all for conference tournaments and the automatic bid that comes with it but under your scenario IU would not have won their conference tourney. Why should those three wins negate 11 conference losses? I just think there's something inherently unfair where you demand a mid-major win his conf tourney after going 16-0, 15-1 etc. but give somebody like IU a shot at a do-over despite having a hideous regular season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom