Injuries and depth | Syracusefan.com

Injuries and depth

upperdeck

Living Legend
we cant over come all of it.

we are down 10 players that may have have seen some significant time. and 2 who left

Would Morris have been the #2 RB, would Custis be a 2nd deep threat? Morris was supposed to have a few week recovery? its been quiet on both guys are they done for the year? no one knows.

We are about as banged up as any team the country.

we lose 60% of the oline in one week and expect the offense to not have issues? even if the replacements are more talented they still weren't first string so they have not had the reps.

We lose 5 guys who might have been starters on D or at least been in the rotation.

Even guys like Williams who is playing now missed much of camp, so he has much to learn. Clark might have been a big timer guy back there at DB.

I think the offense is improving every week. there are several pieces to execution. you have to be in the right place, make the right throw, and catch the ball. We need to not have the drops, some of the poor throws are rushed, and the oline actually created some decent holes. 2 games in a row we almost broke a Homerun Run. Its strange we end up with Neal running when we need Power and Strick running when we need speed but thats how it works sometimes..

But there were guys open against ND, even when we stopped scoring we were throwing to open guys. we shut our selves down much more than what UL or USF did to us.

Trial by fire so far this year as it was last year if I remember correctly. Looking at the roster and what has happened in the past, the fact that too many kids that sign on Feb don't end up on the hill especially when it comes to positions of need. I am hoping that this staff can recruit/evaluate well and start to build that up. I think this OL is fighting and I'm pretty happy with the job they are doing with all that has happened.

we have had this problem with injuries for years now. we used to question the s&c program. we now have a new s&c program and still have this issue. maybe our players are just to small????i dunno????

we have had this problem with injuries for years now. we used to question the s&c program. we now have a new s&c program and still have this issue. maybe our players are just to small????i dunno????

Exactly or maybe it's just football... It's part of the game and always will be

you need to take advantage of the years when its not your time to get hit with them. some teams have a bunch like us.. others have 2-3.

See where we stand next year in terms of S&C

Fredericks was the #2 RB out of Spring Ball, when Morris was healthy.

And unless I'm thinking of the wrong Custis, I've seen him run in his brief appearances. He's not a burner at all. Doubt he's any faster than Ishmael. So I don't think he'd be that 2nd deep guy that we need. But he'd be a nice weapon on possession passes or red zone jump balls.

The injuries and defections are killing us on D.

I don't think it's as much of the issue on O, although it would be great to at least get Conway back.

Take a look at the timing on the injuries. I may be wrong, but almost all of them happened during summer and the first three games. Guys are coming back now. We should ask Steve (SWC) to do an analysis. I think it's turning around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom