Injuries/inexperience/pandemic are concerns but this coaching staff have flat out sucked | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Injuries/inexperience/pandemic are concerns but this coaching staff have flat out sucked

Dino as a human is a great guy.

But it is beyond obvious that he has lost this team.

The penalties, lack of effort, body language. Every little bit of it.

We are losing a ton of kids next season if he stays on as coach.
all kidding aside that might be a good thing.

58 scholarship players
1st team all American safety opts out
Top two running backs opt out
Starting QB out for year
8 scholarship olinemen, 1 of which is converted fullback

Ok and...?

Again it is NOT the score NOR the W/L. It is the complete lack of coaching in all facets. I can live with 0-11 this year if we are heading in the right direction. We aren't. Your excuses are for Ws and Ls not lack of fundamentals and discipline.

That is absolutely an opinion, more like a prediction.

But if for some reason Tommy leaves...several are going to follow

You know, the team is utterly unprepared for him to leave from a roster persepctive, but it seems like it's not going to work out for him here. I just don't see it.

He doesn't feel like a leader to me, no disrespect intended to his dad. He has argued with receivers, there have seemed to be issues, the last couple years.

When he flashed such promise in relief of Dungey, he became "annoited", but he never really "won" a game on his effort since he took over as the full time starter, when it became "his" team.

He has thrown a handful of really beautiful long balls, but it seems like a lot of his balls get dropped, he doesn't see the whole field, and let's be honest, he's not the answer.

He's OK, and with a very good line and very good receivers, I'm sure he would be serviceable.
But to me, he's the guy who always has the knack for making the wrong play, the mistake at a crucial time, that takes the wind out of the team's sails.

How many stirring comebacks has he had as "The Man"?
What are his signature wins as a QB?
Did he win any games that we weren't supposed to win?

He's a sub-.500 QB who can't feel the rush, doesn't know how to throw the ball away, takes too many sacks and doesn't check down on his reads very well.

I am so disappointed that we suck so bad. But there's no denying it. We are AWFUL again.

58 scholarship players
1st team all American safety opts out
Top two running backs opt out
Starting QB out for year
8 scholarship olinemen, 1 of which is converted fullback
Where is the talk about the defense. Cisco is a terrific player but he really has nothing to do with the other teams running at will against our defense.

I am so disappointed that we suck so bad. But there's no denying it. We are AWFUL again.

And there was only one year when we were any good.

Dear God, I don't want to start over, though

Babers is nothing more than a OC at this level. The talent and the player development has been horrendous. He needs to go... what are some realistic head coaching candidates
What exactly are you watching that suggests that he is a good OC at this level? Not a jab at all. I'm just not impressed with our O. I really think at Syracuse, a QB has to be a really good runner. It can hide a less than stellar O line.

How about Dino kicking an onside kick when HE WAS STILL DOWN 2 SCORES AND HAD 8:30 TO PLAY???

That's insane. He doesn't learn
Oh, I forgot. AND HE HAD A FULL BAG OF TIMEOUTS

Where is the talk about the defense. Cisco is a terrific player but he really has nothing to do with the other teams running at will against our defense.

Cisco was a tackling machine the first two weeks and prevented a lot of those long run, untouched runs that we saw today. He was Unquestionably the most important piece of defense. Ever since he went out the D has been a stink fest.

I swear , I think there were times today when we had 7 freshman playing on D. Not ideal.

Cisco was a tackling machine the first two weeks and prevented a lot of those long run, untouched runs that we saw today. He was Unquestionably the most important piece of defense. Ever since he went out the D has been a stink fest.

I swear , I think there were times today when we had 7 freshman playing on D. Not ideal.
Cisco is a very good player. No question. But there are massive holes that they are running through. Cisco, while very good, isn't that good. Our defense is terrible.

What makes you think they are capable of getting it right?
I think the offense can be corrected. I really do. I think special teams are fine. Defense ...there can be no where to go but up

Cisco is a very good player. No question. But there are massive holes that they are running through. Cisco, while very good, isn't that good. Our defense is terrible.
The two games Cisco played the opponent averaged 140 yards rushing. Since he went out the opponent has avg >300 yds against us. That’s not a coincidence.