Injuries/inexperience/pandemic are concerns but this coaching staff have flat out sucked | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Injuries/inexperience/pandemic are concerns but this coaching staff have flat out sucked

He was leaving at the end of the season anyways.

Or are you accusing him of faking his injury to get out of playing?

You think he paid Hendrix to kneecap him on purpose?
Where is the Zapruder film for the incident?

I didn’t think the seat would start to get hot for Dino til next year...but I think it might be approaching stir-fry temp.
Next week will be an utter humiliation.:(
Same. I didn’t think that we would or should change coaches this year, no matter what happened. But actually seeing us lose to Liberty changed my mind. Dino lost control. His players don’t want to play for him, and it’s hard to imagine fans wanting to watch his players not want to play for him. COVID or not, we shouldn’t lose to Liberty in their 2nd year. And it’s not like they haven’t been rocked by scandals/COVID, either.

Dino is donezo.

Va Tech, Clemson sort of proves what they are capable of...but why only one game a year......? These kids are undisciplined unfocused and like a parent from Florida here said, SOFT. Potential is there.....just wasted.

Va Tech, Clemson sort of proves what they are capable of...but why only one game a year...? These kids are undisciplined unfocused and like a parent from Florida here said, SOFT. Potential is there...just wasted.
I think Dino has imposed a brand of defense, both in past years and this year, that makes players afraid to fill the box and play.

His priority seems to be to stop the pass. It's a Finesse D, and speed oriented D. Then you have a whole defense with that mentality, and they don't like to see 200 lb backs coming at them

Then you make your defensive backfield try to make up for it by playing a zone defense so they can keep their eyes in the opponent's backfield, and they give up long pass gains

As I said in offseason we needed a transfer QB for backup and transfer linemen on both O and D. Poor preparation and Some bad luck with opt outs and injuries. Bad combo.

Same. I didn’t think that we would or should change coaches this year, no matter what happened. But actually seeing us lose to Liberty changed my mind. Dino lost control. His players don’t want to play for him, and it’s hard to imagine fans wanting to watch his players not want to play for him. COVID or not, we shouldn’t lose to Liberty in their 2nd year. And it’s not like they haven’t been rocked by scandals/COVID, either.

Dino is donezo.

Dead man walking, but can he be resurrected like Lazarus?

Cisco was a tackling machine the first two weeks and prevented a lot of those long run, untouched runs that we saw today. He was Unquestionably the most important piece of defense. Ever since he went out the D has been a stink fest.

I swear , I think there were times today when we had 7 freshman playing on D. Not ideal.
Why in year 5 do you have to be playing 7 freshmen?

Why in year 5 do you have to be playing 7 freshmen?
Because recruiting sucks.

If you go down the list of signees each year, only about 50%ever even contribute. The rest just get a free scholarship.

Va Tech, Clemson sort of proves what they are capable of...but why only one game a year...? These kids are undisciplined unfocused and like a parent from Florida here said, SOFT. Potential is there...just wasted.
We didn't have that type of game last year and very doubtful we get it this year.

We didn't have that type of game last year and very doubtful we get it this year.
The last 2 good DT's Chris Slayton, and Steven Clark were recruited by Scott. Dino needs to bring in someone who relates to the big uglies. Find a Defensive Co-ordinator who gets after people.

It reminds me to a certain extent when Petrino just lost the LVille team a few years ago. They had injuries but they still had some players but the team just gave up in the season as well as the staff
The guy never had to recruit when jobhopping. I wonder if he comes off like a big phony in normal families' houses. Gotta wonder. Defense looks like slow skinny high school kids, this year is a total waste of time

Last edited:
Sorry but fail to see a connection between Lazarus sister and our coach arising from the dead.
Hmmm...let's see. Martha threw some shade at Jesus for allowing her brother to die.
Jesus raised him and she had to eat her words.
I like it! Let's hope so.

Something I’ve seen missing from these teams is player leadership and accountability.

I don’t remember a whole lot that I liked about the Shafer Era but I do remember he made an emphasis on recruiting HS team captains. Players like Zaire Franklin and Eric Dungey. Natural leaders that led by example.

How many of Dino’s recruits were team captains?

Pointing out our upset wins actually shows how far we’ve fallen. That’s what loser teams do. They are perennial losers and look to upset wins, which all bad teams stumble upon at times, and justify that to the team being better than they are. We just lost to Liberty, this is a poorly coached team and has generally been a poor team for the entire tenure.

This is really starting to feel like Shafers final year where there was a strong contingent of board members who couldn't see the writing on the wall. When Syracuse.com has an article asking where this embarrassing loss ranks on the all time scale, the parties over.

This is really starting to feel like Shafers final year where there was a strong contingent of board members who couldn't see the writing on the wall. When Syracuse.com has an article asking where this embarrassing loss ranks on the all time scale, the parties over.

We just can’t see what they can in what appears to be a 1-2 win season. Sky’s the limit.