Injuries/inexperience/pandemic are concerns but this coaching staff have flat out sucked | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Injuries/inexperience/pandemic are concerns but this coaching staff have flat out sucked

I didn’t say anything about the scheme. I agree that the talent, injuries aside, is subpar. Taj Harris is the Jeremy McNeil of football.
I screwed something up, i meant to type that in response to k otto I think. Sorry about that

But is it, really? We seem to be getting OL from the Midwest, defensive players from SC, VA. MD and GA. We're just missing on the WR and QB talent from FL that would complete the roster.
They look slow small and weak to me

Once players get used to losing, and start to expect to lose, then it takes a long time to turn it around in the locker room.
The 2018 team had endured a ton of losing. And then they won. I’m not sure I track with what you’re suggesting.

Trust me when I tell you, if Dino stays, we will lose 1,000s of season ticket holders and we will lose 20ish players to the transfer portal.
I am ready for a new HC. But if keeping HCDB means the 24-28 players on the current roster that ONLY had 1 P5 offer leaves via the portal fine!!! It seems the new coordinators are a little better than what we have had under HCDB. We need to get ACC caliber talent. Dino's recruiting is why we are here getting rolled by Liberty

Last edited:
How about Dino kicking an onside kick when HE WAS STILL DOWN 2 SCORES AND HAD 8:30 TO PLAY???

That's insane. He doesn't learn
You know. After he totally quit a couple weeks ago, I wasn't mad at the onsides call. If quiting or being stupidly aggressive are my only options with HCDB, I will begrudgingly take the latter

Last edited:
The last 2 good DT's Chris Slayton, and Steven Clark were recruited by Scott. Dino needs to bring in someone who relates to the big uglies. Find a Defensive Co-ordinator who gets after people.
Not sure you can put it on white this year. Guy came in late February. Covid hit. Limited fall. A number of injuries. Had to retool lb. Add dB and adjust DL. Now next year if we get gashed on D need to look to re-evaluate. May need to look at replacing Reynolds after this year.

Yeah, this is about where I feel.

It seemed at one time like Dino had answers. Doesn't feel that way anymore. Could anyone have answers under these conditions this season, and with these kinds of injuries?

I don't know. I don't want to believe Dino's changed, but I don't see the guy that's on the attack. I don't see the guy that had coaches tell their players to fake cramps on defense. I don't see the guy that said neener neener, we have a Dome and you don't.

That's the guy we need.

this is where I an too. Not there Yet as far as firing, but we have to start seeing something. The HC he was the first couple years seems to have vanished , and the depth issues are an indictment on his ability to recruit. Missing out on countless QB’s alone, in what is supposed to be a QB friendly offense, is head scratching. I would give Rex the Clemson game and then it’s time to see what the freshman have. That way we can start recruiting over them if need be.

But is it, really? We seem to be getting OL from the Midwest, defensive players from SC, VA. MD and GA. We're just missing on the WR and QB talent from FL that would complete the roster.
Yes it is if we are comparing it against the rest of the ACC and P5 programs

this is where I an too. Not there Yet as far as firing, but we have to start seeing something. The HC he was the first couple years seems to have vanished , and the depth issues are an indictment on his ability to recruit. Missing out on countless QB’s alone, in what is supposed to be a QB friendly offense, is head scratching. I would give Rex the Clemson game and then it’s time to see what the freshman have. That way we can start recruiting over them if need be.
It cant be a qb friendly offense if you get sacked, pressured and hit more than any other qb in the nation

Irrelevant.
Vast majority of their best players are transfers.
NOT recruits.
Willis was a good get for them. 88.57

Libertys transfer grades(avg)
2018 79.28
2019 81.70 (Willis)
2020 80.62

From 2016-2020. Teams we've recruited better than:
BC: 5 X
WF: 4 X
Va: 3X
Duke: 2 X
L'ville: once
VT: once

Yes it is if we are comparing it against the rest of the ACC and P5 programs

Our offers lists these past 2 years have looked noticeably improved to me.

This class you can't count, because kids didn't get to go on visits, in the traditional sense.

Not sure you can put it on white this year. Guy came in late February. Covid hit. Limited fall. A number of injuries. Had to retool lb. Add dB and adjust DL. Now next year if we get gashed on D need to look to re-evaluate. May need to look at replacing Reynolds after this year.
I really like Vinson.