Injuries | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Injuries

Having watched the Bills all year... Cuse injury situation is nothing. Good teams need to be able to overcome injuries. Next man up

So, what does this mean?

C61B143D-D23E-404E-BC23-5AFCDAAAC9CA.gif

Defensive players get hurt because we play fast and hit hard, and are slightly undersized. Need bigger players IMO in the ACC.

Defensive players get hurt because we play fast and hit hard, and are slightly undersized. Need bigger players IMO in the ACC.
Clearly not. We are winning ACC games with these “undersized” players

I understand everyone’s worried about the injuries but can people relax? Obviously White has figured out what to do in case these things happen and we have more depth than people think to cover for the losses on defense. Trusting these coaches this year completely to figure this out. I believe we will have a very good chance next week

I think the quality of the depth should be the bigger story. In years past if we had this many injuries the level of play from the backups would have been an order of magnitude lower. There has been very little drop off in the level of play. That is recruiting and player development and great coaching. Need to give some credit where it is due.

I think the quality of the depth should be the bigger story. In years past if we had this many injuries the level of play from the backups would have been an order of magnitude lower. There has been very little drop off in the level of play. That is recruiting and player development and great coaching. Need to give some credit where it is due.
Agree 100%. And hopefully this season with this buzz continues in a positive direction and it helps us close on some blue chip recruits like the 2018 season did with Mikel Jones.

On the offense, the good news is that the OL and Mang & Hoeh have stayed healthy. We lost Elmore early and a promising WR (Jones), but the rest of the offense is intact. We have 2 good reserve RBs, Cruz in the OL, and Hatcher at WR — haven’t had to rely on them yet except in spot duty.

Defense — Obviously White has overcome the losses so far, and several second teamers have excelled when given the chance. Have to hope Williams, Chestnut, and Lowery can heal soon. There are limits to our depth.

I have to admit I'm impressed with the true freshman Allen, Tucker has gone out many times this year and that young man is ready immediately and in the lineup while lining up correctly. Sean even did the wave "I'm coming out" and Allen was flying out there ready to go.

Stef McDonald Lowery GW are not undersized though. Defenders run fast to the ball and throw their bodies around. Its a sacrfice. Thats no different than any other defense.
Fair point. I don’t know what it is, just spitballing. I do think Lowery is slight for the type of role he has. Love him and think he’s going to be very good, but the 3-3-5 lends itself to LB’s being your 4th DL. And that can have consequences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom