Injuries | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Injuries

Injuries are a part of the game. We are no more hurt than other teams. State lost their qb for christs sake. Adapt, adjust, and overcome.
We may be more than some other teams. Clemson just got a D lineman back that was out early in the year. They're getting healthier as we get beat up.

Fair point. I don’t know what it is, just spitballing. I do think Lowery is slight for the type of role he has. Love him and think he’s going to be very good, but the 3-3-5 lends itself to LB’s being your 4th DL. And that can have consequences.
Lowery being 225 or 235 is not going to prevent him from having shoulder dislocations. Its football. Your body is going to be exposed in different positions. Ive yet to see one of our OLB's get hurt while being blocked by a tackle or pulling guard. We didnt have LB injuries last year. Physical game. Injuries are gonna happen and they are unpredictable.

Last edited:
Just went back and watched Garrett Williams injury. Looks like Mikel Jones knee hit the side of Williams knee on the tackle. I hope it’s just a charley horse and not a structural thing. He hopped up and appeared ok initially but then limped pretty good in to the tent. Fingers crossed.

The ACC Atlantic is second ONLY to the SEC West imo.

There’s going to be injuries when you play through a conference schedule at such a high level as our defense does. We’re great because the next man up is hungry and ready

We’ve gotten off to decent starts in some previous years but had no depth. It seems like we finally have some that is keeping us going now. How far that can take us….we will see. But it’s nice to see the 2s stepping up.

Stef McDonald Lowery GW are not undersized though. Defenders run fast to the ball and throw their bodies around. Its a sacrfice.
Its because of Babers. He didnt need to play late vs Louisville. They clearly had the game sealed in the 4th. Those extra reps caused his injury in yesterdays game.
we laugh but I’ve read posts where people want to somehow blame the recruiting, Dino, etc for the injuries. As if it‘s somebody’s fault within the program

The turf tackled OG once and almost got him again on that TD
Umm, if you are referring to the crossing pattern, the defender got him. On the touchdown, he started high stepping a bit too early

The ACC Atlantic is second ONLY to the SEC West imo.

There’s going to be injuries when you play through a conference schedule at such a high level as our defense does. We’re great because the next man up is hungry and ready

I’d give the SEC east the node the last two years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom