Injury Report after UNLV (now with Wilson and Jobity) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Injury Report after UNLV (now with Wilson and Jobity)

Redshirt for Miles and Nwokocha are likely to be burned now. Csnt survive more then half the season with that few Dlinemen
Seems unavoidable. We only have 4 interior guys (2 rotations) that have played meaningful snaps: Watson, Hastings, Perry, and EFC. If Hastings and Watson start and Perry and EFC back up (or some combination), it's almost a certainty that Miles and Nwokocha will be needed with 7 games left.

Miles passes the look test but hasn't shown up in the participation reports (unless I missed something). He has 4 games left to keep his RS. Nwokocha played against HC - so he has 3 games left.

Last edited:
If Barnes is ready to go this weekend that should help soften this blow a little bit, better coverage on the back end should benefit the d-line.

We have seen 3 man fronts, at least situationally, in every game this season. I realize you probably mean as a base. It will be interesting to see the game plan on Saturday. NCST will be preparing for both fronts regardless.
yes as a base

I was hoping that with a new head coach along with a new strength and conditioning coach that the constant injuries would finally be behind us. Wishful thinking.

Devastating losses, can't state that enough. Introducing 2 true freshman into the rotation against the meat of the ACC schedule is less than ideal. Ugh

I was hoping that with a new head coach along with a new strength and conditioning coach that the constant injuries would finally be behind us. Wishful thinking.
We don’t know what the injuries are, how they occurred.

I know people aren’t going to want to hear this but the amount of season ending injuries we’ve had for the past several years and this year are in line with the average for NCAA Div 1 football teams.

The difference is we we haven’t had the depth to replace them when our guys have gone out.

The question is for this season, does Fran have the depth? Are the young guys he brought in ready to step up?

We’re going to find out in a major way

They have struggled to run the ball and their QB is really a pocket guy, so hopefully that helps this week. We shall see
I like that the QB is a pocket guy and i do think that we are going to see us play a 3 man front more often than not tomorrow. Hopefully one of the young guns steps up. I also wonder if an OL will be moved as we are super thin.

I know people aren’t going to want to hear this but the amount of season ending injuries we’ve had for the past several years and this year are in line with the average for NCAA Div 1 football teams.

The difference is we we haven’t had the depth to replace them when our guys have gone out.

The question is for this season, does Fran have the depth? Are the young guys he brought in ready to step up?

We’re going to find out in a major way

For me personally, I'm sure my focus on Cuse makes it feel like we get hit way more than other teams but that isn't the case (I trust what you post -- I'm sure it's in line).

I can tell you, however, that when Syracuse loses DL or OL, it feels worse by an order of magnitude over other positions (outside of QB).

Nixon goes down, I'm still hopeful. Zeed is out/whatever, I'm still hopeful. We start losing lineman... I get nervous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom