Injury Report after UNLV (now with Wilson and Jobity) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Injury Report after UNLV (now with Wilson and Jobity)

run the ball down our throats
See, this is why having such a strong passing attack changes the game.

Usually when a team wants to run the ball on us we just have to hope the defense is up to it.

With a passing offense, it's not all up to the defense. We can get up and score faster than they can run and score. The clock is the enemy to a running team that needs points.

We now have multiple ways to get them doing what they don't want to do.

I know people aren’t going to want to hear this but the amount of season ending injuries we’ve had for the past several years and this year are in line with the average for NCAA Div 1 football teams.

The difference is we we haven’t had the depth to replace them when our guys have gone out.

The question is for this season, does Fran have the depth? Are the young guys he brought in ready to step up?

We’re going to find out in a major way
I'm ready. Time for Fuentes-Cundiff to right the wrong of his BS call @ Clemson in 2022. Be a playmaker now when your number is called.

Usually when a team wants to run the ball on us we just have to hope the defense is up to it.

With a passing offense, it's not all up to the defense. We can get up and score faster than they can run and score. The clock is the enemy to a running team that needs points.

Agreed this is a team that has to rely on its O to win games.

They are going to have to start winning games in the style of Mike Leach. That game at Pitt is going to be 63-56. Haha.

Really fortuitous that coaching staff worked hard on adding numbers to DL when they started

I think Fran wanting to bang in practice has to ease back a little bit during the season. These guys seem to always be in full pads. We get more guys hurt in practice then games.

I still feel we need 2 330 lb guys who can move at 1 and 3 tech to stop the run and change line of scrimmage.

I think Fran wanting to bang in practice has to ease back a little bit during the season. These guys seem to always be in full pads. We get more guys hurt in practice then games.
I have no idea when or if some of these guys were injured in practice.

"Orange Blood Tuesdays" sounds...violent. Maybe that's what is needed to change the culture?

We don't even know that they are injuries.
Are you suggesting Wilson is smelling a bag and wants to preserve his eligibility since he's only played in 4 games? Sounds crazy but if Fran said he was "out for the season" but didn't explicitly say he was injured it's a sobering thought.

If it’s leading to life damaging injuries (brain and heart related), practices should be a lot less physical because that’s beyond football and more preventable in a practice where coaches set the conditions, which I don’t think is the case with the injuries thus far. Having said that, it’s football and if you ease up too much on the work during the week because of being worried about injuries, the guys were worried about getting injured probably aren’t going to be as effective anyway and in turn could actually be raising the threat of more serious injuries during the game because the physicality is something that they aren’t prepared to handle. Something life-changing and life-threatening, yeah practices should be reevaluated. The players who want to get to the next level are taking a risk playing this sport and would want to be pushed as hard as possible in practice and games in order to get to the next level even if it results in unfortunate setbacks.

Are you suggesting Wilson is smelling a bag and wants to preserve his eligibility since he's only played in 4 games? Sounds crazy but if Fran said he was "out for the season" but didn't explicitly say he was injured it's a sobering thought.
That thought crossed my mind because anything is possible.

If he was chasing a bigger bag, would he have been allowed at practice yesterday?
How would I know that? And I didn't say he was, I just said anything is possible which in this era of college athletics is true.

Yep, outscore them.

On D, things will probably look even rougher between the 20s. But tighten up in the red zone, get a couple key plays here and there to stop drives, and let the offense do their thing.

Wouldn’t academics be the thought before that?

Yikes...I hope DCER is thinking of some creative ways to create some pressure. They have a couple of good backs too.

This is not ideal at all. Time for some back ups to start realizing their potential.

Nixon we can deal with... Willis can take on his load.

The rest... yikes.

I know people aren’t going to want to hear this but the amount of season ending injuries we’ve had for the past several years and this year are in line with the average for NCAA Div 1 football teams.

The difference is we we haven’t had the depth to replace them when our guys have gone out.

The question is for this season, does Fran have the depth? Are the young guys he brought in ready to step up?

We’re going to find out in a major way
Agree. It was like a fire sale to assemble a roster and sift through the scraps and find players to make a roster for Fran's first season. NC St. has likely had their share of injuries as well. Get your buttocks out on the field with the best you have and play ball!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom