SSDM Peter Dearth Syracuse

Honorable Mention
A Chase Scanlan Syracuse
M Tucker Dordevic Syracuse
LSM Brett Kennedy Syracuse

1612287461520.png

1612287468091.png

1612287474600.png

Still doing Scanlan dirty with the honorable mentions, I see. Didn't he have the most points out of everyone last year? I hope he uses that as fuel for this upcoming season.

Still doing Scanlan dirty with the honorable mentions, I see. Didn't he have the most points out of everyone last year? I hope he uses that as fuel for this upcoming season.

The Attack position in D1 is extremely extremely deep. A guy like Bernhardt and O'Keefe would be 1st team guys most years, there on the 2nd team. Carraway is a 3rd team guy who you could argue has 1st team ability/stats.

Agreed. Scanlan is up against an incredibly strong group of attack thanks to the covid extra year.

Chase has three years of eligibility remaining, here is to gathering many more accolades over that span.

Agreed. Scanlan is up against an incredibly strong group of attack thanks to the covid extra year.
Good point. He cracks 3rd team on this list if you remove all the red shirt seniors.

This AA team seems to correct a couple of flaws of the USILA team. A.DeMaio makes it as a midfielder, and Cardile and Makar make it as defensemen from the Big Ten.

In general, I think this team gives a more representative feeling of the strengths of PSU, having 4 players: O'Keefe, Cardile, Arceri, and Kelly as opposed to the USILA team which just had O'Keefe.

Arceri wasn't great last year. I think there were more deserving FOGOs.

I agree, though, that the IL media list is better then the USILA.

Arcerti did struggle against two of the best going 10 of 25 against TD Ierlan and 12 of 37 against Gallagher. He did finish with a decent .549 pct.
PSU did play a relatively good early schedule, also playing Villanova and Cornell, and not just cake like Georgetown.
In the end, basing selections on statistics from a 6 or 7 game season where the schedules were very uneven in strength is something only a narrow-minded person would do. Both Dox Aitken and Bubba Fairman were in shooting slumps last season, and their numbers were not great but they make the team. Arceri has been one of the top FO men for years.

Agree that comp should be factored largely rather than just pure stats . Fake is a example. No stats to speak of but he's recognized for actually covering 1's pretty well with some exceptions.
Many good fogos out there including our own duo but the devil is in the details. Gallagher is generally considered second best fogo simply for holding his own vs Ierlan rather than his winning %. LaSalla from UVA has only the 23rd best winning % but holds his own agaisnt the best whether it be Ierlan, Savio, Gaffney and ACC and he is always a threat to take it to the house , a impact that isn't fully reflected in stats .

Know attack is loaded but one attackman who never gets any recognition is Laviano . Overlooked as sandwiched between stars in Moore and Krauss who did create opportunities but converts with one of the quickest catch and release. Recall the tying and winning goals agaisnt Duke in Harris n NCAA game. Without them, no 2019 chip for UVA. In last full season , Laviano had 51 goals , an amazing 44 gbs and he rides like Cook. If there is a all underrated team, he belongs on it.

Arcerti did struggle against two of the best going 10 of 25 against TD Ierlan and 12 of 37 against Gallagher. He did finish with a decent .549 pct.
PSU did play a relatively good early schedule, also playing Villanova and Cornell, and not just cake like Georgetown.
In the end, basing selections on statistics from a 6 or 7 game season where the schedules were very uneven in strength is something only a narrow-minded person would do. Both Dox Aitken and Bubba Fairman were in shooting slumps last season, and their numbers were not great but they make the team. Arceri has been one of the top FO men for years.

Why the bold-typed "narrow-minded" dig? Bizarre.

Arceri also got to beat up on Furman and Lafayette. And while Villanova is a decent team overall, their faceoff unit last year was very bad.

He's a good player, but as I said, I think there were more deserving guys. Competition absolutely needs to be factored in. He wasn't the only FOGO to face solid competition.

Here's one you might appreciate: I'd have put Justin Shockey in over Arceri. His % was much better, he held his own against Gallagher and dominated against Notre Dame.

How about Cornell's Angelo Petrakis? He had Arceri's number when the two teams played to the point where PSU had to go to their #2 in Glatz, and Petrakis owned him too. And then he scored the game winning goal.

Past years should obviously be taken into account but I think things should be weighted to most recent play. Arceri was good but not great in the second half of 2019 as well, around 58-59% in the second half of the season which is quality but not sure it rises to the level of AA when there are multiple guys playing tough schedules in the 62+ range. I don't think having a slightly different philosophy on this makes me "narrow-minded." I watch a lot of games and do my research.

Arceri was named a 3rd team All-American in 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom