Inside Lacrosse Recruit Rankings 2019-20 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Inside Lacrosse Recruit Rankings 2019-20

So these rankings are in many ways meaningless. Shocker.
I think what it tends to say that getting top 20 recruits is very significant as they have a high (60%) probability of becoming All-Americans. Getting 21-40 ranked players is somewhat good as they have a 30%
chance of becoming All-Americans. After that the rankings start getting somewhat meaningless, the recruit ranking curve appears to get rather flat. This perhaps could extend well past the top 100 these days.

I think what it tends to say that getting top 20 recruits is very significant as they have a high (60%) probability of becoming All-Americans. Getting 21-40 ranked players is somewhat good as they have a 30%
chance of becoming All-Americans. After that the rankings start getting somewhat meaningless, the recruit ranking curve appears to get rather flat. This perhaps could extend well past the top 100 these days.
To me the work you put together shows it’s very significant to have top 50 recruits. Now does having all Americans guarantee teams success, no. But I’d rather have AA’s than not have them.

Interesting note: Inside Lacrosse only actually ranks the top 50 girls players in their top 100 and players 51-100 are just listed in alphabetical order. Probably actually makes more sense to do it this way.

Ty Xanders does have his star rankings. 20 or so 5-stars, and then 4-stars well past the top 100.
While Xanders seems to have updated his star rankings at the top of list for the incoming freshmen, that is, exchanging 4-stars and 5-stars, who switched positions with his new rankings. I am not sure he has updated the bottom of the list - adding new 4-stars or removing some.

30. Jack Wood | Governor’s (Mass.) | Syracuse | 4*
36. Sean Donnelly | IMG Academy (Fla.) | Syracuse | 4*

Getting Jack Wood that late in the process was a coup that doesn't get the pub it should. Nice job by the staff to salvage the position after a certain attackmen left late for Michigan.

19. JJ Levandowski | IMG Academy (Fla.) | Syracuse | 4*
29. Brandon Aviles | Ward Melville (N.Y.) | Syracuse | 4*

19. JJ Levandowski | IMG Academy (Fla.) | Syracuse | 4*
29. Brandon Aviles | Ward Melville (N.Y.) | Syracuse | 4*

Nice pub for Aviles, under the radar kid if thats possible being from Ward Melville.

Cornell quietly had a good 19 recruiting class . 4 top kids, 2 each from NJ and LI .
Next year, five star att Kirst from Delbarton NJ reunites with his former teammate Long who was a 5 star recruit in 2019 for Big Red. Pains me

Getting Jack Wood that late in the process was a coup that doesn't get the pub it should. Nice job by the staff to salvage the position after a certain attackmen left late for Michigan.

Jeremy, curious about what you like about Wood? I keep going back and forth on whether he will be an impact player for 'Cuse. I'm trying to gauge things just based on highlight tapes, he seems to have a very good shot and can move the ball well passing, but doesn't look to be a dynamic dodger and seems a little undersized. He could very much turn into a good player, but he doesn't strike me as a "lock" to be a contributor for the Orange.

To me, day one, it looked like Zawada could play, even start for this years team. Zawada put up big points for a top 3 high school team, had size and athleticism. Obviously it's good to get blue chip players, I'm just not sure it's fair to say Wood will be a replacement for Zawada. The good news is Scanlan is more of a replacement for Zawada than anything, but we still have question mark at that third attack spot. Debating if Zawada would have been the third starter isn't worth our time, but almost no one has put out Wood's name as a viable candidate.

Was a miss not getting Matthew Nunes. He’s the goalie at my son’s high school. Not sure if we were on him or not, but he landed at Virginia.

Might as well fold our tent and buy advance tickets to another Duke-UVA final.
Or not.

Our returning talent can be as good as anyone