Inside the dome right now | Syracusefan.com

Inside the dome right now

Stevenson

2023 Cali Award Winner Pts Against & Passing Yards
CFC369AE-1177-4EF3-9C74-73AACFED51A3.jpeg
Inside The Dome right now

I hope they give us pictures of the inside as they break it down more.

is that beadles phone row 78 ?
I was in 309! Oh, beloved phone, once again nestled snugly in my palm! I will never abandon you in that nasty wasty Dome again!

This is a great thread! I hope we can get more photos. I can’t picture what the roof will look like for love or money.

Would be nice if they painted the concrete all over like a clean grey/neutral color, kind of like a garage floor paint ... maybe just overly obvious how bland it looks with no seats?

Why are seats removed to replace roof?
Appear to be building ramps -goal to direct rain/snow to base floor?

Stupid question, but they aren’t replacing the seats, correct? Seems like such a lost opportunity if they’re removing them anyway for the renovation.
It’s not a stupid question. We get the new seats in Phase Two of the renovation. It does seem weird, though. Rip out the bad seats/benches, re-install, and then rip them out again. Someone let me know if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am.

The other vexing issue with seats is that if we install comfortable seats, we will lose capacity. This may not be an issue so much for football, but it will be for basketball where season ticket holders pay premium bucks for where they sit and won’t appreciate being bumped a few feet from their usual positions. I don’t know how we can sit comfortably while also squeezed in. Seems incompatible.

love the old track, great memories of indoor meets and old Big East indoor championships which we hosted every year

Anybody who lobbies for individual seats with armrests, and urinals instead of the impossibly efficient pee troughs, can come fight me whenever they’d like

Individual seats, and more leg room. I don’t care what it reduces capacity to. This place wasn’t designed with upstate NY in 2020 in mind. We’ve outgrown the place - literally. I’m tired of trying to avoid having people climbing all over me 100 times a game as people squeeze in and out of the aisles to make their 5 runs a game to the concession stands and bathrooms.

And no more leg to leg contact with people while I’m sitting down watching the game.

The troughs should absolutely stay though. I’m all about efficiency in that case.

Individual seats, and more leg room. I don’t care what it reduces capacity to. This place wasn’t designed with upstate NY in 2020 in mind. We’ve outgrown the place - literally. I’m tired of trying to avoid having people climbing all over me 100 times a game as people squeeze in and out of the aisles to make their 5 runs a game to the concession stands and bathrooms.

And no more leg to leg contact with people while I’m sitting down watching the game.

The troughs should absolutely stay though. I’m all about efficiency in that case.

I'll miss climbing vertically over the seats to take advantage of gaps in the crowd, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom