Intelligent Question by Myself | Syracusefan.com

Intelligent Question by Myself

BRNCUSEFRVCUSE

Owns B-Reese
I have been also curious why we do not recruit or go after Transfers or even go after more Junior College Players. But especially Transfers

Wes Johnson (Recently)- Pretty Good for that one year. I would say

Ryan Blackwell (back in the day)- Was a good player

Leron Ellis (Way before my time)- Was seemed to be a solid contributor

And if you want to go the JUCO route

Kristof Ongeneat pretty recently was not a great player but was a tough hard nose player

and Michael Lloyd again back in the day good stats for the one year don't know what happened with him but that was the year before the 1996 final four run with John Wallace and what if he had been around.

I see Juco players making big time impacts.Marquette has Johnson Odom and Jae Crowder if you sign a juco player they can play right away and UK got the star NC guard who Ryan Harrow who was big time recruit and you have Seth Curry at Duke, Royce White at ISU just some recent examples, yes i understand these players most often have to sit out a year but especially for next season it would have been nice to have another Guard behind Brandon MCW and Cooney

When I saw the title to this thread and who wrote it, I was terrified to open it. However, I had to, kind of like a horror movie, the character knows they shouldn't open the door, but they do anyways because their curiosity is stronger than the terror!!

When I saw the title to this thread and who wrote it, I was terrified to open it. However, I had to, kind of like a horror movie, the character knows they shouldn't open the door, but they do anyways because their curiosity is stronger than the terror!!
A Curious Case of Bernie Cuse.

Like a car crash in the opposite lane. You don't want to see it, but you can't look away.

I have been also curious why we do not recruit or go after Transfers or even go after more Junior College Players. But especially Transfers

Wes Johnson (Recently)- Pretty Good for that one year. I would say

Ryan Blackwell (back in the day)- Was a good player

Leron Ellis (Way before my time)- Was seemed to be a solid contributor

And if you want to go the JUCO route

Kristof Ongeneat pretty recently was not a great player but was a tough hard nose player

and Michael Lloyd again back in the day good stats for the one year don't know what happened with him but that was the year before the 1996 final four run with John Wallace and what if he had been around.

I see Juco players making big time impacts.Marquette has Johnson Odom and Jae Crowder if you sign a juco player they can play right away and UK got the star NC guard who Ryan Harrow who was big time recruit and you have Seth Curry at Duke, Royce White at ISU just some recent examples, yes i understand these players most often have to sit out a year but especially for next season it would have been nice to have another Guard behind Brandon MCW and Cooney

Seriously now...I would imagine SU recruiting staff does look at JUCOs and transfers. However there are probably a few factors like need and available schollies that come into play. Also, JB recruits players to fit his system and there are probably more talented players coming out of high school that fit the system than come out of JUCOs. As far as transfers, it depends on when they transfer and if a schollie is available along with fitting the SU system.

I bring up at good question. I has worked out positively for us in the past especially with Wes

Cause i have a list of dudes who might transfer and if they do i would think we should be interested and my list starts with

Evan Smotrycz from Michigan and Will Spradling from Kansas St

Kick rocks, I wanted to know its a very logical question by a cuse fan
sure sign of a second rate program. how many jucos do UNC or Duke go after? Once in a while, to fill a need, sure. make it a practice and you become rutgers.

Plus some players are out to get degrees, so JUCO or transfer may want to go to school that has their major and/or has a good program for their major. I don't know if SU has an agriculture program or not, but if they do I would venture to guess that it is not as good as say Wisconsin's. So someone majoring in agriculture may be more interested in Wisc than SU.

What about Rautins? bro.
Just about to post this. Interesting story. If I'm correct, he was the big 10 rookie of the year at Minn. For whatever reason, he wanted to transfer, and was pretty much set on Marshall, because he liked the coach. Sadly, the coach died, and he ended up at Syracuse. Worked out well for Leo and his family. Someone correct me if I have any of these points wrong.

i keed i keed. if we can afford to burn on scholie on reese then why not a decent JUCO guard.

I bring up at good question. I has worked out positively for us in the past especially with Wes

Cause i have a list of dudes who might transfer and if they do i would think we should be interested and my list starts with

Evan Smotrycz from Michigan and Will Spradling from Kansas St

Now I'm thinking Boeheim might bring you on not just as a walk-on, but also as an assistant coach.

Now I'm thinking Boeheim might bring you on not just as a walk-on, but also as an assistant coach.

I think that would signal the end of the "Golden Age of SU Basketball"

damn it, i took picture and got a autograph with Mike Hopkins at the state fair this past summer
and i should have asked him but i was to nervous

That would have been a perfect chance for you set up your one-on-one tourney with the walk-ons!!

damn it, i took picture and got a autograph with Mike Hopkins at the state fair this past summer
and i should have asked him but i was to nervous
too much nervous energy.

when discussing Wes Johnson, JB said that he rarely takes transfers because there is a reason why they transfer out, and it is usually a bad one. He only takes transfers when his staff does the background and assures him that they are getting a coachable player with a good work ethic . . . and who fits both the system and the need.

I can't speak to the character issues, but there doesn't seem to be anyone in the remainder bin who is better than the kids already in the program or in the pipeline.

That would have been a perfect chance for you set up your one-on-one tourney with the walk-ons!!

Yall are the ones who blew this whole Brandon Reese thing with myself out of control. I just said i though i could beat him in one on one

when discussing Wes Johnson, JB said that he rarely takes transfers because there is a reason why they transfer out, and it is usually a bad one. He only takes transfers when his staff does the background and assures him that they are getting a coachable player with a good work ethic . . . and who fits both the system and the need.

I can't speak to the character issues, but there doesn't seem to be anyone in the remainder bin who is better than the kids already in the program or in the pipeline.

All i know is Ryan Harrow who transferred from NC State to Kentucky. Would have been real nice luxury to have on the roster next season. The dude was a mickey d all american and i am just saying. Not trying to tell Coach how to run his program just saying