Intelligent Question by Myself | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Intelligent Question by Myself

Yall are the ones who blew this whole Brandon Reese thing with myself out of control. I just said i though i could beat him in one on one

Just curious... Do you still believe that you could beat him?

Edit- can we make a rule that this is the only thread Bernie can post in? He wouldnt be able to kill good threads anymore

All i know is Ryan Harrow who transferred from NC State to Kentucky. Would have been real nice luxury to have on the roster next season. The dude was a mickey d all american and i am just saying. Not trying to tell Coach how to run his program just saying
Go ahead, tell JB how to run the program. Everybody else here is already doing it. I hear JB reads this board so he probably knows who you are.

What about Rautins? bro.
while we're at it let's not forget Jason Cipolla who delivered one of the more memorable baskets in SU tournament history. Junior college in Florida and a pretty decent run here - not to forget hooking up with Lorraine Bracco of The Sopranos.

Alright brncusfrvcus, I am not usually the type to do this, but it is really starting to annoy me. I am no grammar police, but could you please start capitalizing the "i" that you always use. :bang:

how about walter berry san jacinto state. if dion comes back we're set in the backcourt if not....

Seriously now...I would imagine SU recruiting staff does look at JUCOs and transfers. However there are probably a few factors like need and available schollies that come into play. Also, JB recruits players to fit his system and there are probably more talented players coming out of high school that fit the system than come out of JUCOs. As far as transfers, it depends on when they transfer and if a schollie is available along with fitting the SU system.
JV takes SELECT JUCOS and transfers. 2 JUCOS I recall: Cippolla & Lloyd. Each dilled a real or perceived need. Each had a shot at PT. Who is gonna come here to sit the bench and be injury insurance. No one any good. He's not gonna recruit over Cooney, and he's not gonna have a road block for the Jr. guarda he is recruiting to play behind MCW and TC. Plus Mookie, CJ. James or maybe Jerami could play the 2 in the zone in a pinch.
Per Francis, the next 2 classes are loaded with Vise friendly guys so we want scholies to be open.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Come on guys, don't let his grammar distract you from the content! Something about the forest and trees I think.

JV takes SELECT JUCOS and transfers. 2 JUCOS I recall: Cippolla & Lloyd. Each dilled a real or perceived need. Each had a shot at PT. Who is gonna come here to sit the bench and be injury insurance. No one any good. He's not gonna recruit over Cooney, and he's not gonna have a road block for the Jr. guarda he is recruiting to play behind MCW and TC. Plus Mookie, CJ. James or maybe Jerami could play the 2 in the zone in a pinch.
Per Francis, the next 2 classes are loaded with Vise friendly guys so we want scholies to be open.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Lloyd filled a specific team need, and had been a highly rated kid [MdDs]. Very unusual circumstance in that I don't ever remember Boeheim / SU actively pursuing a JUCO and relying upon that player coming in to start.

Cipolla I believe was a guy that we actively recruited out of high school, so even though he was a JUCO, it wasn't a standard JUCO situation in terms of SU.

Onganet was a guy who was brought in to be a practice player--pretty good athlete, hard worker, good attitude. He was a spring addition was was basically a throw in to give us another forward in practice. After injuries, we were very lucky to have him [limited offense and all], as he made an impact in both of his seasons.

I have been also curious why we do not recruit or go after Transfers or even go after more Junior College Players. But especially Transfers

Wes Johnson (Recently)- Pretty Good for that one year. I would say

Ryan Blackwell (back in the day)- Was a good player

Leron Ellis (Way before my time)- Was seemed to be a solid contributor

And if you want to go the JUCO route

Kristof Ongeneat pretty recently was not a great player but was a tough hard nose player

and Michael Lloyd again back in the day good stats for the one year don't know what happened with him but that was the year before the 1996 final four run with John Wallace and what if he had been around.

I see Juco players making big time impacts.Marquette has Johnson Odom and Jae Crowder if you sign a juco player they can play right away and UK got the star NC guard who Ryan Harrow who was big time recruit and you have Seth Curry at Duke, Royce White at ISU just some recent examples, yes i understand these players most often have to sit out a year but especially for next season it would have been nice to have another Guard behind Brandon MCW and Cooney

Short answer - because transfers usually come with baggage. We don't need that.

No thread about transfers would be complete without an Ethan Cole reference.

I have been also curious why we do not recruit or go after Transfers or even go after more Junior College Players. But especially Transfers

Wes Johnson (Recently)- Pretty Good for that one year. I would say

Ryan Blackwell (back in the day)- Was a good player

Leron Ellis (Way before my time)- Was seemed to be a solid contributor

And if you want to go the JUCO route

Kristof Ongeneat pretty recently was not a great player but was a tough hard nose player

and Michael Lloyd again back in the day good stats for the one year don't know what happened with him but that was the year before the 1996 final four run with John Wallace and what if he had been around.

I see Juco players making big time impacts.Marquette has Johnson Odom and Jae Crowder if you sign a juco player they can play right away and UK got the star NC guard who Ryan Harrow who was big time recruit and you have Seth Curry at Duke, Royce White at ISU just some recent examples, yes i understand these players most often have to sit out a year but especially for next season it would have been nice to have another Guard behind Brandon MCW and Cooney

I'll give you a straight answer since noone else is really trying.

Wes was awesome but he had to sit out the year due to injury anyway. We really could've used him the year he had to sit but he was worth the wait. Most cases we could take a highly touted Frosh and if he didnt work have a new one lined up in year 2. Neither recruit nor transfer are sure things so may as well have 2 shots at it versus 1.

SU is recruiting so well the last few years that we don't really need to take flyers on JUCOs or transfers. If the players are that good, we'll be after them from HS. Ongeneat was great for his intensity but basketball skill wise he'd have a tough time finding minutes on more recent Cuse squads.

Marquette has used JUCOs because they haven't been able to land highly regarded HS kids. Instead they get JUCOs to play their system which is fine for them but not exactly basketball in alot of regards plus we would have alot of trouble hiding 6-5 post players in our zone.

Alot of JUCOs are flawed in some sense whether it be size, skill, grades, mentality, etc. If these guys were the real deal, we would've been after them before they hit the JUCO ranks in the first place.

I want to drink with BRNDNGKFGKGETGJCUSE.

An intelligent statement by myself.

No thread about transfers would be complete without an Ethan Cole reference.

If Ethan hadn't been Boeheimed, he might have been one of the top five centers of all time.

I want to drink with BRNDNGKFGKGETGJCUSE.

An intelligent statement by myself.
You'd have more fun than drinking with j-squared (but not by much).