Intentional Walk Pitches are Out | Syracusefan.com

Intentional Walk Pitches are Out

It's fine, it's just, there are way better ways to speed up the game.
Intentional walks don't happen frequently enough for this to matter much. It's the numerous stalling for time mound visits followed by the situational pitching changes that slow the game down.

I agree...however, historically with baseball it's best to take these small steps and let the traditionalists adjust...

I think there should be limit on mound visits as well a pitch timer...

I agree...however, historically with baseball it's best to take these small steps and let the traditionalists adjust...

DING DING DING

This should shave a good 45 seconds off the average time of MLB games.

I know it will have little effect...however I always thought it was stupid to throw 4 pitches just to send someone to first...just make the call and do it without the pitches...

I think the NFL's extra point should be removed as well...just give it automatically unless a team signals they are going for two...

They don't need a pitch timer as much as they need to tell the umps not to give the batter timeout every time he steps out of the box. It would only take one time for an ump to signal the pitcher it's OK to throw regardless of where the batter is and I guarantee no one will step out of the box again. It's a two-way street, and IMO there's more of a problem with the batter stepping out after every pitch than the pitchers taking forever to throw. Granted there is the huge "Buddy Groom" problem of pitchers (usually right-handed relievers) who everyone knows when they come in are going to pitch to one guy and then get taken out.

I love how Chris Rock said he wanted to be reincarnated as Buddy Groom. You get to sit in the bullpen all day. Then you warm up and come in. If you get the guy out, they take you out of the game. If the guy gets a hit, they take you out of the game. You get paid regardless of what happened.

This is all Tony La Russa's fault. He's personally responsible for making baseball games at least an hour longer than they should be.

This is what MLB needs to do:

Pitch timer. No stepping out of the batter's box once you're in. Players not permitted to scratch their crotch more than five seconds at a time. Done.

It's a step in the right direction, despite the odd Keystone Kops play when something goofy happens. But the truth is, both the pitchers and batters take way too much time between pitches. It's time to plant the seed that the game needs to be sped up. That Japanese pitcher the Yanks had was the worst I've ever seen. He pretty much had a tea ceremony before every pitch. I also laughed at Mike Hargrove's nickname, "The Human Rain Delay." He made Nomar look like he was doing speed, LOL!

It's a step in the right direction, despite the odd Keystone Kops play when something goofy happens. But the truth is, both the pitchers and batters take way too much time between pitches. It's time to plant the seed that the game needs to be sped up. That Japanese pitcher the Yanks had was the worst I've ever seen. He pretty much had a tea ceremony before every pitch. I also laughed at Mike Hargrove's nickname, "The Human Rain Delay." He made Nomar look like he was doing speed, LOL!

Once you start an at bat, you can't leave the box.
Ear buds and microphones for offensive signals.
10 seconds from when the pitcher gets the ball to get it out of his hands.

Wouldn't a pitch timer help base runners? They'd know that the pitcher can't throw over and would take off without having to worry about a throw.

Wouldn't a pitch timer help base runners? They'd know that the pitcher can't throw over and would take off without having to worry about a throw.
I didn't say pitch, but sure or the runner can only leave inside the 10 seconds. Work in progress.