Interesting article on espn.com about Canada basketball | Syracusefan.com

Interesting article on espn.com about Canada basketball

Washington was also all 1st team if I recall. Brissett to me has NBA potential. Washington is overlooked because he's not flashy. I think he's skilled at running offense, spot up shooting and a better athlete than advertised. He's just not speedy. Edelin wasn't speedy either, lots of ways to get it done and Washington consistently gets it done.

Last edited:
Washington was also all 1st team if I recall. Brissett to me has NBA potential. Washington is overlooked because he's not flashy. I think he's skilled at running offense, spot up shooting and a better athlete than advertised. He's just not speedy. Edelin wasn't speedy either, lots of ways to get it done and Washington consistently gets it done.

The beauty of Edelin's game was how "old school" it was. He didn't use flash or speed to beat guys. He used old fashioned strength, position, and court awareness. I loved his game.

Edelin was a better player than Ennis, before his troubles. His Oak Hill team beat LeBron. Melo's Oak Hill couldn't do that a year later. Edelin was one of the very best players at ABCD his senior year.
I'm pretty sure that Melo's team did beat Lebron. As a matter of fact, JB when he was on with Bob Costas, after the NC game, said that Melo's team beat Lebron.

I'm pretty sure that Melo's team did beat Lebron. As a matter of fact, JB when he was on with Bob Costas, after the NC game, said that Melo's team beat Lebron.

I think this is true but melo played at a hs powerhouse in oak hill and lebrons svsm team i think was his local hs.

I think this is true but melo played at a hs powerhouse in oak hill and lebrons svsm team i think was his local hs.
I wasn't commenting on that. Just that Melo's team beat Lebron's.

Their frosh seasons at Syracuse:

Ennis: 12.9 ppg, 5.5 apg, 2.1 spg, 3.4 rpg 41.1% FG, 35.3% 3P, 76.5% FT
Edelin: 9.0 ppg, 2.5 apg, 1.0 spg, 3.4 rpg 54.8% FG, 0% 3P, 67.6% FT

Ennis averaged 35.7 minutes a game. Don't have minutes for Edelin but it was somewhere in the range of 25 or so, I think.

Edelin was more efficient shooting from the field as most of his points were from shots taken in the paint. He was also a better rebounder than Tyler, though Tyler was quite good in that area for a PG.

Ennis was the better passer, better at shooting from the outside, better at defense (got a lot more steals) and surprisingly, better at drawing fouls/shooting FTs. Don't have TOs for Edelin either but Tyler had 1.7 TOs a game, which is very good. Pretty sure Billy had the same or more in less minutes.

They are pretty close, but I would take Ennis over Billy. Billy was a fine frosh guard too.

Ennis averaged 35.7 minutes a game. Don't have minutes for Edelin but it was somewhere in the range of 25 or so, I think.

Edelin was more efficient shooting from the field as most of his points were from shots taken in the paint. He was also a better rebounder than Tyler, though Tyler was quite good in that area for a PG.

Ennis was the better passer, better at shooting from the outside, better at defense (got a lot more steals) and surprisingly, better at drawing fouls/shooting FTs. Don't have TOs for Edelin either but Tyler had 1.7 TOs a game, which is very good. Pretty sure Billy had the same or more in less minutes.

They are pretty close, but I would take Ennis over Billy. Billy was a fine frosh guard too.
I would take ennis as well

I'd donate a decent amount of money to have either one for next year :noidea:

Man, are we after either of those 2 young kids they are mentioning, Barrett or Patterson? Sound like Syracuse recruits unless the Kentucky/Duke turds are already on them.

I think Tyler at times suffers from BBS(Bill Buckner Syndrome) on here and with fans in real life.

Edelin was a better player than Ennis, before his troubles. His Oak Hill team beat LeBron. Melo's Oak Hill couldn't do that a year later. Edelin was one of the very best players at ABCD his senior year.
I remember coach Weaver saying something to the effect that Edelin would either be Andre Miller or (some train wreck guy.). He wound up, for a time, a bit of both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom