Interesting article on Zags: Coach K: ESPN is Overhyping the Diaper Dandies at the Expense of Colleg | Syracusefan.com

Interesting article on Zags: Coach K: ESPN is Overhyping the Diaper Dandies at the Expense of Colleg

Dave85

Living Legend
“Nationally I’m a little bit worried that that is always becoming the thing,” Coach K said Tuesday at a press conference in midtown Manhattan in advance of the Preseason NIT this week at Madison Square Garden.

“I think part of it is that the people who show our games, show NBA, too, so they’re constant thought is cross-promoting.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/coach-...dandies-at-the-expense-of-college-basketball/

First of all, BEAT DUKE, GO ORANGE!!! But I have to say I kind of respect Coach K's point of view on this issue.

“Nationally I’m a little bit worried that that is always becoming the thing,” Coach K said Tuesday at a press conference in midtown Manhattan in advance of the Preseason NIT this week at Madison Square Garden.

“I think part of it is that the people who show our games, show NBA, too, so they’re constant thought is cross-promoting.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/coach-...dandies-at-the-expense-of-college-basketball/

First of all, BEAT DUKE, GO ORANGE!!! But I have to say I kind of respect Coach K's point of view on this issue.

I more or less agree with what he's saying, and ESPN drives me up the wall with their "highlights," but they are going to push whatever they feel is the hot story that will get the most viewers. Especially, as he points out, since ESPN has a vested interest in College Basketball and the NBA.

I think it's a great point. And I like the suggestion of a college basketball commissioner...someone to steer the college hoops narrative, without being influenced by the NBA.

These freshman are fantastic, but there's other players who deserve more attention...Marcus Smart, Doug McDermott, CJ Fair etc. These guys are more important to college basketball.

The missing sentence that would tell you that no smoke is being blown up your ass:

"since ESPN won't take the spotlight off the freshmen, Krzyzewski has committed to walking the walk himself: he will bench freshman sensation Jabari Parker for every Duke game telecast by the network."

He is speaking the truth to power - because he can! Good for Coach K! If only it made a difference... Moqui's post, made in "jest," is spot on! If you want to change something, you have to be willing to do something different, and that's where people get stuck. They don't feel they can. It's all "it's just the way things are now."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom