Interesting Comment in the BYU-TCU game... | Syracusefan.com

Interesting Comment in the BYU-TCU game...

omniorange

All Conference
They talked about how Gary Patterson built TCU's defense by taking all the best athletes, even those recruited for the O, and made them defensive players. Eventually, the O caught up.

Seems like there was a similar debate like this on these boards a few days ago.

Cheers,
Neil

Coach Mac did the same thing. So did Frank Maloney, except when he turned his attention to offense, the good defenders graduated. I'd have loved to have seen the 1975 defense with the 1979 offense.

Coach Mac did the same thing. So did Frank Maloney, except when he turned his attention to offense, the good defenders graduated. I'd have loved to have seen the 1975 defense with the 1979 offense.

I always thought Frank Maloney was under-appreciated. Our program was an absolute shambles playing in a crumbling stadium...His 1979 team might of been a Top 20 team if we had some games at home.

They got a ton of RBs and moved them to WR, DB, LB, and even DE. The issue I have with our recruiting is we have 1 RB in this upcoming class and 5 LBs. The recruit athletes on O and if they don't work out move them to D strategy has been used many many times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom