Interesting nugget from PC board regarding ACC and MSG | Syracusefan.com

Interesting nugget from PC board regarding ACC and MSG

The Big East Catholic schools don't have the fanbases to fill up MSG each March. Yeah, they have 10-15k there each year, but when there are empty seats the MSG people will want to get the ACC tournament in the rotation as much as possible with Duke, Syracuse, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Boston College, Miami and Pittsburgh. I hope now that FSU signed the ACC GOR and they were the only dissenting vote for playing the ACC tournament in MSG that we get a rotation of Greensboro/Madison Square Garden/and maybe Atlanta. I would make it NYC/Atlanta, but realize Greensboro isn't going away due to the fact its where ACC headquarters are located.

From the link: I know its a well known thought around the leauge, fans, and forum but I was at MSG last night and an MSG exec was trying to sell a suite to my company for next year, asked him about the Big East tourney at the Garden and he said everyone is still very excited about the relationship continuing. I further asked about the ACC. A very quick response was given "the deal is almost finished". The ACC will be at MSG when their deal ends in Greensboro.

Do you guys think we'll be in the shadow of the ACC tournament once this happens?

Hope so. It would be great if the ACC Tournament could alternate between Greensboro and MSG every other year. Half a loaf is better than none. Maybe that would be palatable to the Carolina schools.