Interesting ? on ESPN this AM | Syracusefan.com

Interesting ? on ESPN this AM

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Should the Giants trade Barkley. My thought went to Buffalo.
Maybe a conditional 4th Rd. If the Bills make SB, the Giants get an additional pick. (Maybe. 2nd?) If they resign him, they get another pick. (Not sure that's permissible under the CBA.).
Thoughts

If I am the Giants the answer should be yes. Barkley came to the NFL with massive wear and tear from his Penn St workload. Two years from now hard to see him holding up and not regressing physically.

Should the Giants trade Barkley. My thought went to Buffalo.
Maybe a conditional 4th Rd. If the Bills make SB, the Giants get an additional pick. (Maybe. 2nd?) If they resign him, they get another pick. (Not sure that's permissible under the CBA.).
Thoughts

Dave Gettleman is no longer running the Giants to do extremely stupid things like that.

Dave Gettleman is no longer running the Giants to do extremely stupid things like that.

Yeah Schoen nor Daboll would trade him, IMO. Not at this stage of the rebuild.

The theory was that he is too good for the team of now and the immediate future, and you don't want to pay him what he will command, when the rest of the offensive personnel, in general, is sub-par.
It would take a lot, but he might be a guy that makes the Bills offense totally lethal.

The theory was that he is too good for the team of now and the immediate future, and you don't want to pay him what he will command, when the rest of the offensive personnel, in general, is sub-par.
It would take a lot, but he might be a guy that makes the Bills offense totally lethal.

I don't care about the Bills, but no team would trade a guy like that for a 4th round pick. Giants would need some combo of players and picks.

Your average 4th round pick lasts about two and half years in the league. Barkley meanwhile has put up 400 yards in three games.

I think I did not do a good job explaining the premise. With or without Barkley, the Giants are unlikely to make the playoffs. His contract is up, meaning they have to pay big bucks to keep him, limiting the improvement they can make at other positions.
So, next season they will have a big money RB, a QB that will need to be signed or replaced, bad receivers and O-line.
How many wins will they get with Barkley vs without him, but with the upgrades that more money and draft picks could bring.
As an Orioles fan, the tear down and rebuild can be done, if done the right way.

Yes, let's trade Barkley so we can guarantee Jones gets killed, instead of just getting him maimed on a game-by-game basis.

To be clear, this was 1st brought up by Greg Giannotti on Boomer & Gio….YESTERDAY.

Another idea stolen by ESPN.

I think I did not do a good job explaining the premise.
Meh. Judging by this and various twitter threads, it's more likely the RB position (despite getting downgraded in recent years) is still massively overvalued by many. NYG fans sound as delusional as the day he was drafted.

The bottom line is, do the Giants let him walk for nothing or trade and hope for a 4 or 5?

Sadly, they trade.

And likely don’t sign Jones…both will excel elsewhere.

The bottom line is, do the Giants let him walk for nothing or trade and hope for a 4 or 5?

Sadly, they trade.

And likely don’t sign Jones…both will excel elsewhere.

The value of a 4 / 5 stinks.

Agree both will excel elsewhere, hope at least one stays.

Sign him. It was a long two years when he was hurt/not 100%.

This is entertainment. I’m tired of watching a bunch of scrubs at the skill spots. Barkley potentially housing one is like the only exciting thing we’ve got.

Bring back Beckham too. Sick of watching basic slow guys never get open or make a play.

Bust one for 80 and then he can pretend to pee on the ball again for all I care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom