Interesting shift in ACC powers | Syracusefan.com

Interesting shift in ACC powers

cuse309

Ace recruiting beat reporter
ACC atlantic, before the season, was largely viewed as Florida State, Clemson, Louisville, then everyone else.
Safe to say, that everyone else has improved since last season, with the exceptions of Florida State, Clemson, and Louisville.Those teams have all taken a step back. Granted Florida State lost Deandre Francois, but injuries are a part of every team. Clemson, I believe is still the top team, but the gap between those top 3 and the rest has shrunk significantly this year.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
You meant the Atlantic. Clemson lost Watson etc so they should be less effective offensively but they are still excellent. FSU even without Francois should be better but are a mess. Ville is a one man show. Cuse,NCSU, Wake are all greatly improved. BC might be or might not be. Definitely more balanced this year, but if Clemson gets Bryant back for the balance of the season they are the class of the division.

You meant the Atlantic. Clemson lost Watson etc so they should be less effective offensively but they are still excellent. FSU even without Francois should be better but are a mess. Ville is a one man show. Cuse,NCSU, Wake are all greatly improved. BC might be or might not be. Definitely more balanced this year, but if Clemson gets Bryant back for the balance of the season they are the class of the division.
I feel like BC and Wake are improved. BC doesn't beat Louisville or hammer an improved UVA team last year.

I feel like BC and Wake are improved. BC doesn't beat Louisville or hammer an improved UVA team last year.

True, or score more than 14 points a game last year.

I think Dino can out coach BC and Wake and that’s enough since the talent is even.

The Louisville D is weak.
FSU has great talent but seem to be in a funk.

Will be a tough 4, but all winnable.

the gap has shrunk. cards and noles have taken a step back. but nobody else has really taken a big step up to become a national power.

I am very worried about BC.

I am very worried about BC.

I hope their beast of a rb is dinged up by our game.

Also praying Dungey still has both legs after all his hurdle jumping on the field.

Yesterday we set our defense to stop their tendencies from previous games. They got nothing through the middle. They went wide on us and dinked and dunked passes to beat us.

Last edited:
Florida State has their heart ripped out week 1.

There QB is a true Freshman.

They will be back.
Clemson is still a top 10 team.

Louisville has a crap defense but Jackson is better this year and he won the Heisman last year.

NC State is a top 20 team.
Wake/Syracuse/BC all have improved.
Florida State might be the only team in the Atlantic that doesn’t get Bowl eligible.

I realize things change quickly, but I think Wake has hit a high water mark. They have a lot of seniors and RS seniors and their classes have been average at best. Wofford graduates this year and Kendal (Jr) is a big step down.

If this year's team is the best they can do with all that experience, their ceiling would appear to have been reached.

BC has also not had classes that would seem to elevate their program and they play a brand of football that will keep them in games, but is not going to shock or surprise anyone.

Pitt is our peer as is NCS.

All this says we are a middling ACC program. Our next stop is getting to the level of L'ville, which ought to be next year.

I figure we can be nipping at the heels of Clemson and FSU over the next 2-3 years.

If we are one of the top 3 or 4 programs in our division we will go bowling most years and make it to the top 25 more often than not.
LGO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom