Interviewed w/Browns In Arizona | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Interviewed w/Browns In Arizona

Weren't we making fun of Rutgers last year for the same thing?

is there such a thing as a class act in college football?

they hide pedophiles and ALWAYS say im not or did not-

the higher they act the farther they fall- never put one on a pedestal,its guaranteed they fall
are you seriously trying to compare rumors of a coach interviewing to the penn st. thing? This whole thing is gettingWAY out of hand

Nope ... the coaching change can't affect an already signed LOI ... there is an actual clause in the LOI ...

Thank God this is in place to protect the student-athletes!

Wait for it...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

So thinking logically, who do i believe more? Some unknown league source or our OC? Can we start treating these rumors with a little mpre skepticism? Please?

Honestly, the source.

Coaches lie about this stuff all the time.

Are you sure Hackett knew?

• I guess Hackett could have lost Marrone's cell phone number (Although I assume he would have called Marrone when he saw the report on ESPN).
  • Another clue to Hackett may have been his boss flying to Phoenix, Arizona on a Wednesday morning for no reason.
  • Third if Hackett did not know then he should have had Allen call Marrone directly. You would think that the head coach would want to assure his #1 recruit that everything is okay and the stories on ESPN are BS.

The Post Standard has been duped on the whole story.

I think it is pretty simple.

At the time Allen and Hack spoke, the NFL talk was still just rumours (nothing concrete). When Hackett said Marrone was not interviewing for an NFL job, at the time, it was true.

Edit: Pure speculation on my part, but it makes the most sense to me.

At the time Allen and Hack spoke, the NFL talk was still just rumours (nothing concrete). When Hackett said Marrone was not interviewing for an NFL job, at the time, it was true.

No we must think the worst it allows us to have a complete meltdown...that is one reason I do not like the sub standard their reporting usually is very skimpy lacking substance and detail

This was a much happier message board when we went 5-7 every year.

Nobody bitching about what bowl we were going to get snubbed out of.

Nobody bitching about the NFL poaching our coaches.

Nobody bitching about other schools poaching our recruits.

You'd think that no college coach has ever been contacted by the NFL in the history of college football.

Edit: Pure speculation on my part, but it makes the most sense to me.

Marrone interviewed for the job a half hour after Hackett and Allen spoke. So, technically, Hackett was correct.

Marrone interviewed for the job a half hour after Hackett and Allen spoke. So, technically, Hackett was correct.
Technically that is real sketchy. I hope this didn't go down like how it looks.

Everyone needs to just lighten up and let it all play out after spending way too much time reading these posts you must realize we really have no idea about what is going on and why. We do know it appears our coach has interviewed and may interview more. Until someone makes statements or hires we should all just relax be greatful for the good things worry about the things we can control

It's pretty clear now that Marrone is moving ahead with interviews and will probably complete a few more. He's not likely to put an end to this, like O'Brien at Penn State, and I imagine he'll accept any job if offered.

It's pretty clear now that Marrone is moving ahead with interviews and will probably complete a few more. He's not likely to put an end to this, like O'Brien at Penn State, and I imagine he'll accept any job if offered.

He can't really end it like PSU unless SU wants to invest in the program if that's what this is about. If it is seems like a big game of chicken and based upon my opinion of the university they will not blink, I do not believe they are willing to do what is needed. Again that is IF that is what's going on but truth is we have no idea because no one is taljing

Everyone needs to remember that the NFL is a business. PSU put a huge buyout clause ($10M I think) into O'Brien's contract. That makes him less attractive to a struggling NFL franchise like the Browns or Bills. Unless O'Brien blew them away in the interview there was no way he was going to get hired. After the interview, he withdrew his name because he knew they were not calling back.

Marrone can be had on the cheap and as a result he will probably get further down the road in the interview process. When the music stops, Doug will likely end-up back at Syracuse with a long-term deal and hopefully a massive buyout clause. Cleveland and Buffalo would be taking a huge risk by hiring Marrone and they would need to fall in love with him to offer him the HC job. If Marrone is offered the job, he should obviously take it!

I never blame a guy that seeks to advance his career in a clear step-up. The NFL pays more than college, especially considering how little SU is paying Marrone. There is very little loyalty in sports! Players and coaches need to make their money when they can and not pass up good opportunities. I remember many threads on this board calling for Marrone to be fired after we lost to Rutgers. The amount of negativity and lack of support for the coach was overwhelming. Now these same people are calling him a traiter because he had success and is keeping his options open.

• I guess Hackett could have lost Marrone's cell phone number (Although I assume he would have called Marrone when he saw the report on ESPN).
  • Another clue to Hackett may have been his boss flying to Phoenix, Arizona on a Wednesday morning for no reason.
  • Third if Hackett did not know then he should have had Allen call Marrone directly. You would think that the head coach would want to assure his #1 recruit that everything is okay and the stories on ESPN are BS.

Seriously, you sound like a crazy ex girlfriend.

3r1njo.jpg
3q7l2l.jpg

So you propose that Hackett stalk his boss by phone, then follow him to the airport or wherever to find out where he may be driving, and then tell a recruit to try and call him despite the fact that Hackett himself may not have been able to get ahold of him? Brilliant!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom