Iona has a freshman guard | Syracusefan.com

Iona has a freshman guard

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
Casmir that makes Joseph look like he is freshman guard in high school. They also have a small forward Laury)b uilt like LeBron James that's better than anyone except Xmas on SU. How does Iona get these players and elite we play in the ACC SU get their playersAnd their best player isn't even playing

Casmir that makes Joseph look like he is freshman guard in high school. They also have a small forward Laury)b uilt like LeBron James that's better than anyone except Xmas on SU. How does Iona get these players and elite we play in the ACC SU get their playersAnd their best player isn't even playing
Please. C-mac is on a talent level that Iona will never get. Some of our guys, if they played at Iona or a school like that, and a few soon will be, would be stars.

Please. C-mac is on a talent level that Iona will never get. Some of our guys, if they played at Iona or a school like that, and a few soon will be, would be stars.
They have 4 shooters who hit higher than 40 % from thre point line. Casemir is a 88% ft shooter. If you left Most SU players in the gym alone they wouldn't be able to shoot as well

He is listed at 5'10" and Joseph is listed at 6'3". Last I checked 5'10 doesn't quite cut it at the top of the zone. That's why this kid is in the MAAC.

He is listed at 5'10" and Joseph is listed at 6'3". Last I checked 5'10 doesn't quite cut it at the top of the zone. That's why this kid is in the MAAC.
And Joseph at 6ft 10!couldnt guard gradma in a wheelchair.

And Joseph at 6ft 10!couldnt guard gradma in a wheelchair.
There is a difference between playing in the maac and playing in the acc. Doesn't mean that the kid can't play but there are levels. This kid probably can't get his shot off against our competition. This is the same kind of talk when you hear that Florida st or alabama could play the Jags. They can't. And Iona doesn't have a bunch of guys better than ours. I bet Roberson would be a star on Iona.

There is a difference between playing in the maac and playing in the acc. Doesn't mean that the kid can't play but there are levels. This kid probably can't get his shot off against our competition. This is the same kind of talk when you hear that Florida st or alabama could play the Jags. They can't. And Iona doesn't have a bunch of guys better than ours. I bet Roberson would be a star on Iona.
Well it's nice to see a guard as a freshman play with confidence go north south instead of east west hit fts and even score 40 points on a team that's loaded with scorers. Your are probably right but SU players you name when completely wide open dont shoot can't hit the ocean when they do can't guard and are not guarded by other teams.

And Joseph would shut grandma in a wheelchair down. Shows how much you know. Grandma on crutches? No comment
Me don't think JB shares your evaluation of Joseph.

Sorry . Still have radiological dye in my cerebrum from a test this afternoon. How about that as a real excuse!
having had "minor" eye surgery earlier in the week, I understand. At dinner tonight at a restaurant, I suddenly couldn't see out of my left eye. Blood was pooring out. Lucky it was just a stitch that came loose but scared the crap out of me.

Not so sure about Roberson. Probably more rebounds but he shows little idea of what do with the ball. The hesitation, bizarre spins into traffic (learned from Grant obviously), etc. I don't think much would change in that dept if he was in that conference, imo. Maybe more basket interference though. ;)

Remember Rakeem Xmas or Hakeem Warrick as a FROSH...let's give Joseph his sophomore year before throwing stones.

And yes he has stunk this year, but dammit...he's what we got. And reading about Frank Howard "adjusting" to PG in HS post knee surgery means we gotta be rooting for this kid to pull a Sherm Douglas or something.

You my friend just don't seem to get it!!!!!

Well it's nice to see a guard as a freshman play with confidence go north south instead of east west hit fts and even score 40 points on a team that's loaded with scorers. Your are probably right but SU players you name when completely wide open dont shoot can't hit the ocean when they do can't guard and are not guarded by other teams.

LOL. He scored 22 points not 40 on 4 for 17 shooting (2 for 11 from 3) had 3 assists, 3 turnovers and 0 steals. He is a great free throw shooter 12 for 12 though. Oh and he's 5'10, 150 lbs. Good for the young man, he's at a school where he can do best - in the MAAC.

Cheriehoop said:
LOL. He scored 22 points not 40 on 4 for 17 shooting (2 for 11 from 3) had 3 assists, 3 turnovers and 0 steals. He is a great free throw shooter 12 for 12 though. Oh and he's 5'10, 150 lbs. Good for the young man, he's at a school where he can do best - in the MAAC.
Thats lottery pick status.