Iowa/iows st tonight | Syracusefan.com

Iowa/iows st tonight

I've become an Iowa fan.

Quick story on that, Fylnn's freshman year Syracuse played Siena at the Dome in a tournament (the pre-season NIT I want to say).

After Syracuse beat Siena they played St. Joseph's, and Siena played Farleigh Dickenson in the consolation game.

The entire Dome cleared out after Syracuse got their win against St. Joseph's, but my buddy and I decided to stay and watch the Siena game. It was a weird experience, because the Dome went from having 25 K people in it, to about fifty. We were able to move to the front row right behind the Siena bench. Boy does the game look different from that close. The athleticism is astounding, even between mid-majors. But what stole the show for us was Fran McCaffery.

He looks like a principle, or maybe the judge from nigh court, but the stuff coming out of his mouth was filthy. I dont think he went three seconds without swearing. It was very entertaining to watch, and I've been rooting for him ever since.

The guy is also an excellent coach. He took Siena to the second round of the tournament that year and the sweet 16 the next, and he is turning Iowa into a respectable program quickly.

Last edited:
Since tomorrow is now today, I and my son are with you! Gonna be a great game, Iowa should come out on top. Since we live in Iowa,my kids were born at the U of I, it is natural for my son to root for them. But I have taught him Syracuse comes a close second! Of course that order is reversed for me. If Iowa and Syracuse ever play, my house is going to be really loud!

Since tomorrow is now today, I and my son are with you! Gonna be a great game, Iowa should come out on top. Since we live in Iowa,my kids were born at the U of I, it is natural for my son to root for them. But I have taught him Syracuse comes a close second! Of course that order is reversed for me. If Iowa and Syracuse ever play, my house is going to be really loud!
... close second? What are we teaching our children these days?

I've become an Iowa fan.

Quick story on that, Fylnn's freshman year Syracuse played Siena at the Dome in a tournament (the pre-season NIT I want to say).

After Syracuse beat Siena they played St. Joseph's, and Siena played Farleigh Dickenson in the consolation game.

The entire Dome cleared out after Syracuse got their win against St. Joseph's, but my buddy and I decided to stay and watch the Siena game. It was a weird experience, because the Dome went from having 25 K people in it, to about fifty. We were able to move to the front row right behind the Siena bench. Boy does the game look different from that close. The athleticism is astounding, even between mid-majors. But what stole the show for us was Fran McCaffery.

He looks like a principle, or maybe the judge from nigh court, but the stuff coming out of his mouth was filthy. I dont think he went three seconds without swearing. It was very entertaining to watch, and I've been rooting for him ever since.

The guy is also an excellent coach. He took Siena to the second round of the tournament that year and the sweet 16 the next, and he is turning Iowa into a respectable program quickly.
I've concluded all coaches are like this. My HS hockey coach looked like squints from he Sandlot. L7 weiny and everything. Was a 7th grade teacher. Dropped f bombs on the reg. First time I heard it I was like What just happened? Then it just became routine.

Huh, Marsh was right.

Good game, tied with 10:00 left.

I'm beginning to think that Marsh may know something about college basketball.

That and PBR are his specialties.

And Iowa does blow it. Well done, Hawkeyes!!!

yeah pretty much sucks. Here on the eastern side of the state most people are Hawkeye fans. A loss due primarily to the inability to make free throws under pressure. Good win by Cyclones to save their home floor.

Boy that was a very entertaining game. That arena look like it is a very difficult one to play in. Lots of missed free throws on both ends.

Gearing up for another great day today

Go michigan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom