Iowa/Oregon | Syracusefan.com

Iowa/Oregon

cuseattle

2022-23 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Leading RPG
Iowa's up 12 with 3 minutes to go in the first half. Bol seem to like to shoot (miss) from outside.

bol bol has pipe cleaner legs. i honestly fear one is gonna snap in half every trip down the court.

Oregon will be a good win if we can get it and a win that could hopefully help seeding or what not on selection Sunday.

Iowa and UConn is not what the tournament wanted. Iowa fans didn't travel for this.

I really hope to see a different fire coming from this team. Especially from Tyus battle

Agree. I don't want to say the guys aren't hustling but I feel there is a lack of urgency, particularly from our main guys Tyus and Oshae, that is troubling.

Agree. I don't want to say the guys aren't hustling but I feel there is a lack of urgency, particularly from our main guys Tyus and Oshae, that is troubling.

Tyus didn’t look engaged until the end. All of a sudden he’s getting out in transition and attacking the basket hard and finishing. The rest of the game he’s just kinda there, occasionally taking an off the dribble jumper and usually missing.

We need him in attack mode right from the beginning. Even his jumpers last night looked different when he was aggressive offensively. Momentum and energy and mentality is a real thing. Feel like he’s been “off” in that area way more than on this year.

Brissett - I don’t really know. He looks like last year. He had a lot of horrific shooting games and finishing problems.

I liked the postups in some of the other games. He needs to get to the FT line. Would rather have him playing inside out - meaning postup and get touches closer to the basket - and then step out and take some 3’s - rather than camping out at the 3 point line and trying to attack from 25 feet away. He doesn’t have the handle or moves for that against these smaller teams and his outside shot looks to still be very streaky. Him and Hughes can’t play the exact same game.

Tyus didn’t look engaged until the end. All of a sudden he’s getting out in transition and attacking the basket hard and finishing. The rest of the game he’s just kinda there, occasionally taking an off the dribble jumper and usually missing.

We need him in attack mode right from the beginning. Even his jumpers last night looked different when he was aggressive offensively. Momentum and energy and mentality is a real thing. Feel like he’s been “off” in that area way more than on this year.

Brissett - I don’t really know. He looks like last year. He had a lot of horrific shooting games and finishing problems.

I liked the postups in some of the other games. He needs to get to the FT line. Would rather have him playing inside out - meaning postup and get touches closer to the basket - and then step out and take some 3’s - rather than camping out at the 3 point line and trying to attack from 25 feet away. He doesn’t have the handle or moves for that against these smaller teams and his outside shot looks to still be very streaky. Him and Hughes can’t play the exact same game.

That's pretty much exactly what I saw. Not sure what they did in LA and Las Vegas but I was hoping for more- with the understanding that it's early.

It's been discussed here before, but Tyus seems to struggle getting his shot when being guarded by small, quick, ball-hawking guards. This is just speculation, but I think in crunch time he tried to assert himself more on offense as a team leader (perhaps JB got into his ear)

It's been discussed here before, but Tyus seems to struggle getting his shot when being guarded by small, quick, ball-hawking guards. This is just speculation, but I think in crunch time he tried to assert himself more on offense as a team leader (perhaps JB got into his ear)

Agreed. Which is why I think Howard-Carey-Battle playing together might be effective against similar opponents to UConn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom