IPF recruiting a recruiting plus | Syracusefan.com

IPF recruiting a recruiting plus

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
At the end of the day, the new age kid cares a lot about the bells and whistles. If us alumni and Syracuse lifers are fired up for the new IPF, imagine how these recruits would feel? Let me tell you, excited. I hope the school is blowing up every recruit with the plans and the understanding that this is a 2014 realization. I saw a few tweets today to certain recruits with links to the Syracuse.com article. Not saying that is the way to handle it, but we all know the CUSE twitter army will do what they want.

Lastly, the potential family related recruit I reached out to on the IPF was REALLY excited at the new facility plans and flat out said his D1 HS teammates care a lot about that stuff.

Hope that all these kids see the plans!

PS: Excuse the typo in the title, iPad has a mind of its own..

I totally agree. It's not like every school in the ACC has one. I'm not sure the exact number, but I know some of the schools do not have one. Some are in the works, but you know how that goes. Knowing this will happen before next season will definitely give us a leg up for at least a few seasons. I was getting frustrated listening to Upon Further Review yesterday when they were basically talking down the fact that we are getting this. They were saying how we had to because everyone else did and our facilities still lack behind. With the new upgrades to the football wing, and now a high end IPF i think this would put us right around smack dab in the middle of the pack, which is totally fine for us.

Did I read the article correctly that you can't punt in there? Why build a football practice facility that u can't punt in? Headscratcher. Other than that it looks good.

Did I read the article correctly that you can't punt in there? Why build a football practice facility that u can't punt in? Headscratcher. Other than that it looks good.
Interesting I Googled "Avg Punt Height" and in a very quick search saw one quote that gave a guesstimate of 75 ft. based on the minimum height for a video board in the NFL is 85 ft from the ground. So when you figure they practice outside and in the Dome in the summer and fall, maybe 79 ft is not an issue unless maybe you have someone who has a Ray Guy leg.

I agree and disagree. If it gets the thing up quicker to cut costs, which I read go up exponentially with increased height, who cares. I am all for punters working outside in the elements anyway, or for that matter, going to the other Dome we have! But, I also see your point, if when finished, it looks like we cheaped out... I don't know if thats true, just my thoughts...

At the end of the day, the new age kid cares a lot about the bells and whistles. If us alumni and Syracuse lifers are fired up for the new IPF, imagine how these recruits would feel? Let me tell you, excited. I hope the school is blowing up every recruit with the plans and the understanding that this is a 2014 realization. I saw a few tweets today to certain recruits with links to the Syracuse.com article. Not saying that is the way to handle it, but we all know the CUSE twitter army will do what they want.

Lastly, the potential family related recruit I reached out to on the IPF was REALLY excited at the new facility plans and flat out said his D1 HS teammates care a lot about that stuff.

The used to show recruits the plans for Destiny, so that's a step forward.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Correcting the title is necessary for the administrators here. I know I'm guilty of messing it up the first time around.:eek:

They stated at the meeting last night that they did their homework . SU's IPF is the exact dimension of NY Giants and Clemson. They said facilities are usually between 65-70 feet tall. The extra height needed to punt indoors would have to make the facility one third higher. Not cost worthy or an acceptable height for the community. SU did this building exactly right.

This project upgraded the George Welsh indoor practice facility to provide a permanent indoor training facility for the Cavalier Football team, allowing practice to continue amidst conditions that would prohibit outdoor practice The facility is located in the North Grounds precinct, in an area dedicated to athletic uses. Service and emergency access is from the existing pathway located on the west side of the practice fields.

The 83,000 gsf facility includes a full 100 yard football field with end zones and five yard overruns and provides a 65 foot clear height at the center of the field for kicking practice. An elevated camera platform supports filming of practice within the facility and on the adjacent outdoor field.

The facility also allows teams to take advantage of locker rooms, offices and other amenities in the nearby McCue Center and University Hall.

UVA just did their IPF...looks a little airplane hangerish to me.

This is fantastic news and wonderful to hear that we'll have it by this time next year...what is everyone bit**ing about?? if clemson's punters can practice outside, ours can make the trek to the dome.

This is fantastic news and wonderful to hear that we'll have it by this time next year...what is everyone bit**ing about?? if clemson's punters can practice outside, ours can make the trek to the dome.

Seems like our full CNY is on display: Great news! What we always wanted! 3 seconds later: Our leadership is incompetent! They'll hit the roof! 3 seconds later: ESPN Blog links to PS article about how there are questions about the height of the thing.

Sigh. Dr. Gross knows what he's doing.

Not complaining. Just curious as to why that was pointed out in the article and if it is indeed an issue why it wasn't being addressed. I guess it's ok or the cost is prohibitive. Both good reasons

How tall are other IPFs ?
Looks like UVa is building one. Will cost somewhere in the $13-14.5 million range. Ours is a little over 100K square feet, theirs is 78K. They have an arched ceiling that is 65 feet high.

According to the UVA site, G Tech and Duke just opened IPFs for football, and Clemson, FSU and V Tech are all planning on building one.

G Tech's opened in August 2011. 88K square feet. Tallest point of the ceiling is 65 feet.

5591738.jpeg

Duke's IPF is 80K square feet. Has a 65 foot ceiling (tallest point).

TZJAGGIRNNYWMJN.20120208153327.jpg

Clemson just opened their IPF in January. 80K square feet. $10 million price tag.

FSU's IPF is 90% done and about to be finished. $15 million price tag. 92K square feet. Can't find a ceiling height but I bet it is 65 feet.

bilde

V Tech's IPF is slated to cost $20 million. The building itself will be 75 feet tall. It is being delayed by environmentalists.

And here is a syracuse.com article that repeats a lot of what I compiled above (wish I found it earlier), with more info on some other sites.

In short, the SU facility as designed will be the biggest or right there with NC State's and V Tech's...

Thanks for the height responses guys. I very well assumed our new IPF would be as tall if not taller than everyone else's. Good to know it is.

And by the way, I happen to like the design of ours. It puts a nice little spin on the standard airplane hanger type facility.

its time to put SU's history to work. The way to grab a recruits attention would be to put statues of Ernie Davis, Jim Brown, and John Mackey right at the front door. Make them ten feet or higher, not the 6 foot one on the campus right now. surronded by busts of other greats , Little, Mcnabb, etc.. Kids today are impressed with things like this. I bet if you get the #1 rated rb in that new IPF surronded by statues and bust of all the other great #44's and you offered him the #44 I think SU would have as much a shot as him as Alabama, ND, or any other top notch program. After all there was a time when we did get the #1's, Davis, Brown, etc.

Looks like UVa is building one. Will cost somewhere in the $13-14.5 million range. Ours is a little over 100K square feet, theirs is 78K. They have an arched ceiling that is 65 feet high.

According to the UVA site, G Tech and Duke just opened IPFs for football, and Clemson, FSU and V Tech are all planning on building one.

G Tech's opened in August 2011. 88K square feet. Tallest point of the ceiling is 65 feet.

5591738.jpeg

Clemson just opened their IPF in January. 80K square feet. $10 million price tag.

FSU's IPF is 90% done and about to be finished. $15 million price tag. 92K square feet. Can't find a ceiling height but I bet it is 65 feet.

bilde

V Tech's IPF is slated to cost $20 million. The building itself will be 75 feet tall. It is being delayed by environmentalists.

And here is a syracuse.com article that repeats a lot of what I compiled above (wish I found it earlier), with more info on some other sites.

In short, the SU facility as designed will be the biggest or right there with NC State's and V Tech's...

Tom here is UVA's...
http://www.fm.virginia.edu/fpc/FeaturedProjects/IndoorPractice/Galleries/Photos2013March.htm

5591738.jpeg

bilde

the only environmentalists around Va. Tech are moonshiners

its time to put SU's history to work. The way to grab a recruits attention would be to put statues of Ernie Davis, Jim Brown, and John Mackey right at the front door. Make them ten feet or higher, not the 6 foot one on the campus right now. surronded by busts of other greats , Little, Mcnabb, etc.. Kids today are impressed with things like this. I bet if you get the #1 rated rb in that new IPF surronded by statues and bust of all the other great #44's and you offered him the #44 I think SU would have as much a shot as him as Alabama, ND, or any other top notch program. After all there was a time when we did get the #1's, Davis, Brown, etc.

i think it's important to add a couple relatively recent ones as well. these kids don't know of Mackey and Little. It may be better to throw in McNabb, and Freeney

i think it's important to add a couple relatively recent ones as well. these kids don't know of Mackey and Little. It may be better to throw in McNabb, and Freeney

So you saying that some of us are old?;)