IPF recruiting a recruiting plus | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

IPF recruiting a recruiting plus

Did I read the article correctly that you can't punt in there? Why build a football practice facility that u can't punt in? Headscratcher. Other than that it looks good.
Well, in my fantasyland for sports I take that to mean we just stop punting altogether.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Just to put a bow on the punting issue: Somewhere the good doctor is screaming at the sky asking what he did to anger the football Gods - as the news of a sparkling IPF is drowned out by roof height questions, easily dismissed by a little research by fans and the PS.

Just to put a bow on the punting issue: Somewhere the good doctor is screaming at the sky asking what he did to anger the football Gods - as the news of a sparkling IPF is drowned out by roof height questions, easily dismissed by a little research by fans and the PS.
Ignorance is bliss.

Well, in my fantasyland for sports I take that to mean we just stop punting altogether.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This is the sign that Syracuse is finally implementing the long awaited video game plan that many fans have talked about and few teams have ventured into... Madden no punt rules, let's go!

i think it's important to add a couple relatively recent ones as well. these kids don't know of Mackey and Little. It may be better to throw in McNabb, and Freeney
That's why he mentioned having busts of others such as McNabb. You give the statues to the all time legends like Brown, Davis, and Mackey. Everyone else gets busts. They could do McNabb, Freeney, etc.

The post standard is a heap of hot trash. I loath them now.

its time to put SU's history to work. The way to grab a recruits attention would be to put statues of Ernie Davis, Jim Brown, and John Mackey right at the front door. Make them ten feet or higher, not the 6 foot one on the campus right now. surronded by busts of other greats , Little, Mcnabb, etc.. Kids today are impressed with things like this. I bet if you get the #1 rated rb in that new IPF surronded by statues and bust of all the other great #44's and you offered him the #44 I think SU would have as much a shot as him as Alabama, ND, or any other top notch program. After all there was a time when we did get the #1's, Davis, Brown, etc.

If we were playing with Monopoly money I would agree whole heartedly. But we aren't. I can't even imagine how expensive it is to make a bust (and to be fair, I am picturing NFL HOF busts in my mind), which you want several of, to go along with at least 3 separate 10 foot tall statues. While it would drastically improve recruiting, who is paying? And then how can it be justified by the school to allocate funds, unless a major donor comes across to pay for it?

Your idea is absolutely awesome, it would make an incredible impression on recruits and it would undoubtedly just look freaking cool when you drive by.

Could do plaques if busts are too expensive.

3285139239_b30da8f810_z.jpg

But when you're dropping millions on what's basically a giant shed, I don't see why you can't put some money off to the side for these things.

If we were playing with Monopoly money I would agree whole heartedly. But we aren't. I can't even imagine how expensive it is to make a bust (and to be fair, I am picturing NFL HOF busts in my mind), which you want several of, to go along with at least 3 separate 10 foot tall statues. While it would drastically improve recruiting, who is paying? And then how can it be justified by the school to allocate funds, unless a major donor comes across to pay for it?

Your idea is absolutely awesome, it would make an incredible impression on recruits and it would undoubtedly just look freaking cool when you drive by.

thats why my wife handles the budget!!!! But if your going to do it do it, do it right. Imagine your a recruit and your being offered a scholy to SU in the middle of these statues and busts. Have you ever gone to Cooperstown and felt like the busts there were starring at you? I know this thing will cost 17m but that is still low compared to some other schools recent IPFs. I don't know how much statues and busts would cost but I would think they could come up with the money for this.

One other thing can we make Jim Browns Statue shoot lasers at any recruit who doesn't accept right then and there.

Could do plaques if busts are too expensive.

3285139239_b30da8f810_z.jpg

But when you're dropping millions on what's basically a giant shed, I don't see why you can't put some money off to the side for these things.
Because you can justify that the giant shed is necessary because e team needs a giant shed to practice in. They can't justify that giant statues help the current team in any way. The only thing they can say is that it is a great way to pay Homage to the players of the past (it is) and it helps to showcase the proud and exciting history of SU football to not only new recruits but to the community as well. And I can't buy the SU staff seeing paying homage to our history as being worth a few million to, as mr. Frey puts it, do it right right right.