IPF Update... | Syracusefan.com

IPF Update...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
ESPN Radio CNY‏@ESPNCNY33m
Syracuse AD Dr. Daryl Gross is on Upon Further Review NOW!

ESPN Radio CNY‏@ESPNCNY21m
Gross on IPF: "We're on schedule, and you'll start to see it rise."

ESPN Radio CNY‏@ESPNCNY21m
Gross cont: “I'm just excited that by next football season, we're going to have our kids practice in a brand-new state of the art facility.”

Said the material is being delivered right now.

It might be nice to actually put some footers in the ground and have some actual site markers in place. This is all talk! He's been saying the same thing for months.

It might be nice to actually put some footers in the ground and have some actual site markers in place. This is all talk! He's been saying the same thing for months.

Did you see the environmental impact site survey that probably took an army of people to fill out just to get an OK to build on land they already own?

That alone probably took months to figure out and after skimming through the first 8 pages of ridiculous questions... A. I would have thrown my hands in the air and given up on building anything OR B. Punched myself and anyone nearby in the face for it being so stupid.

I haven't been up there in a while but I hear they had the artificial turf field removed already a few weeks ago, not sure if anything beyond that was done.

He stated as fact that it's on track, in progress, and should be up by the start of the season.

If it was still in flux why would he be so definitive on the project? Seems like a pretty firm commitment if it's nothing but BS.

The guy is a snake oil salesmen, but you don't go this firmly on the record for no reason or you don't need to, he's spun enough in the past to see the difference.

He stated as fact that it's on track, in progress, and should be up by the start of the season.

If it was still in flux why would he be so definitive on the project? Seems like a pretty firm commitment if it's nothing but BS.

The guy is a snake oil salesmen, but you don't go this firmly on the record for no reason or you don't need to, he's spun enough in the past to see the difference.
The guys is one helluva AD who saved our asses

The SUAD folks have always maintained that it's on track to anyone who has asked them (media included). From Carlson's story last month, "Giansante said he did not know the specifics of what work was being done by what companies, or if all the bidding processes had been completed...". So the AD office doesn't know what work was being done on this?

I hope this isn't more Gross BS, but with no foundation on the site, how is this going to be ready in May/June? The only visible work done on the site was the removal of the turf field.

Gross said by the start of the next football season the IPF would've open, I took that to mean late August or early September.

Did you see the environmental impact site survey that probably took an army of people to fill out just to get an OK to build on land they already own?

That alone probably took months to figure out and after skimming through the first 8 pages of ridiculous questions... A. I would have thrown my hands in the air and given up on building anything OR B. Punched myself and anyone nearby in the face for it being so stupid.

I haven't been up there in a while but I hear they had the artificial turf field removed already a few weeks ago, not sure if anything beyond that was done.

Those people do that for a living. An EIS isn't an obstacle.

No visible progress since the field came off, but we'll see. It'll go up fast once it starts.

It won't take that long to build but I don't think its that far along as gross stated.

As long as this recruiting class believes it and next recruiting class can see it.

OttoMets said:
Those people do that for a living. An EIS isn't an obstacle.

It'll go up fast once it starts.

Exactly.

With a pre-engineered building such as the shell of this building, the biggest lead time is the steel itself - somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-16 weeks. I would assume the building steel had been ordered but they are not rushing because it's not going to be here until spring, once foundations are ready the building will go up in the span of a few weeks.

They can definitely have it up by August, though spring practice time would have been great.

Then it's all finish work and MEP - this being a fairly open building that won't be crazy.

It can be built in time. There's really nothing to it. I've watched 500,000 soft factories go up in this amount of time. In the case of factories, the hard part is fitting out the building after the shell is up. In the case of IPF, all they have to do is lights and turf. Easy-peazy.

In the original plan the IPF groundbreaking was supposed to occur early summer 2013. Blank happens and delays (for legit reasons like designs, redesigns, permits, construction docs, bids, new chancellor, BE exit fees, money, donors, etc) delayed the project until Spring 2014.

I actually believe that Dr Gross strongly believes this is going to happen when the weather breaks this year. But remember, blank can happen to cause further delays.

Finally, and I don't care what some people think, some of the new ACC money is paying for this IPF and also will be paying off the remaining balance on the Melo center as well. It's not all coming from donations.

As long as this recruiting class believes it and next recruiting class can see it.

It would be nice to have it built (or close to it) before the summer camp sessions and the 2015/16 recruits are on campus. At some point you can't keep telling the same group of HS coaches and kids that an IPF is coming without having something to show them.

Just get it done already.

If they start the prep work by early April, the field can be ready for use by the end of July ... the remaining work (offices, landscaping, etc) will continue throughout the season

Blank happens and delays (for legit reasons like designs, redesigns, permits, construction docs, bids, new chancellor, BE exit fees, money, donors, etc) delayed the project until Spring 2014.

I actually believe that Dr Gross strongly believes this is going to happen when the weather breaks this year. But remember, blank can happen to cause further delays.

Yeah, let's get this bullblank out of the way. I just hope they shipped their plans! ;)