Ironic quote by ND AD | Syracusefan.com

Ironic quote by ND AD

Cusee44

2nd String
"I don't understand it," Jack Swarbrick said as a new round of conference hopping in college athletics moved into high gear Sunday. "How do you vote as a collegiate president on something that has the potential to provide some benefit for your institution and the conference you're affiliated with but has a very negative consequence for a host of other members of the academy, as presidents like to call it?
I'd like to know how much of these discussions are: What's right? What is the best thing for the larger enterprise, and how many other schools would be adversely impacted?

Welcome to ND, where staying independent helped the BE...or anyone else for that matter.

Notre Dame criticizing anyone for acting in self-interest is a total laugher.

Wasn't the term,"Looking out for #1" coined with regards to ND athletics?

I guess ND really, really, really didn't know SU and Pitt were going to exit stage left. :rolling:

Oops. Come on down UConn and RU.

Cheers,
Neil

"I don't understand it," Jack Swarbrick said as a new round of conference hopping in college athletics moved into high gear Sunday. "How do you vote as a collegiate president on something that has the potential to provide some benefit for your institution and the conference you're affiliated with but has a very negative consequence for a host of other members of the academy, as presidents like to call it?
I'd like to know how much of these discussions are: What's right? What is the best thing for the larger enterprise, and how many other schools would be adversely impacted?

Welcome to ND, where staying independent helped the BE...or anyone else for that matter.

------------------

He's obviously addressing Miami, VT, BC, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, USF, UL, Cinn, A&M, and soon OK, OSU, UT, TT and so on.

Clearly, ND represents an example of the highest ethics with their exclusive TV contract, special BCS deal and scheduling games against a handful of selected teams to maximize ND exposure and profits.

He sounds like he was blindsided with all this. The pots been brewing for over a year, Jack. Stop looking in the rear view mirror and move on. Oh yeah, it looks like you're school is going to have to move on...without Pitt and/or SU.

Hey Swarbrick...you can kiss my big Orange ass

That's funny. He's right but you just can't say it, you gotta live it otherwise you're a buffoon, or worse.

It's all part of the "poor, sweet, innocent me" act ND has been putting on. Swarbrick saw it coming, perhaps helped engineer it, then feigns indignant innocence while all the while pulling strings on all sides to get what's best for ND.

Notre Dame simply doesn't like having their hand forced... Which is exactly what Syracuse and Pitt just did.

The self-centered world they USED to live in was just hit by an "Orange" tornado.

Please old time admins and insiders, don't jump on me, but to me the BE's deal with ND has always been one sided. In comparison to what they have given football wise their other teams have benefitted quadruple fold at our conferences expense. I can't beleive anybody, especially a ND student, coach, admin, director, president, dog, cat, or anyone else from ND having a comment regarding what we do. Talk about hypocrites. Hey ND, maybe you can stay independant and park your other teams in the MAC or Mtn West or something. I'm sure they would be happy to have you. Now, go join a conference or the rest of your programs die! (in case your wondering, i hate ND)

Fact is that ND assumed the Big East schools (with the possible exception of WVU) would remain united until the 11th hour before leaving. They probably staked their claim on the idea that the BE would absorb enough B12 teams to solidify the football side.

With no home for their Olympic sports, ND must now give serious consideration to joining a conference. The death of the Big East really starts to “turn the screws” on Notre Dame and their claims of independence.

Sorry Jack… Big East schools have placated Notre Dame for years. No more waiting around for ND to make the first move.

Fact is that ND assumed the Big East schools (with the possible exception of WVU) would remain united until the 11th hour before leaving. They probably staked their claim on the idea that the BE would absorb enough B12 teams to solidify the football side.

With no home for their Olympic sports, ND must now give serious consideration to joining a conference. The death of the Big East really starts to “turn the screws” on Notre Dame and their claims of independence.

Sorry Jack… Big East schools have placated Notre Dame for years. No more waiting around for ND to make the first move.

I would think that ND almost HAS to make a decision soon if they wish to have a real choice. If the ACC takes two other teams not named ND, they have but one real landing spot. The BiG will wait until the last for ND but the question really is: Does ND prefer the ACC or the BiG? If they prefer the BiG, they can wait. If they want the possibility of the ACC, they better move quickly.

Not sure which of our esteemed vet posters (Jake? Tomcat?) wrote an excellent synopsis as to why every team with title aspirations needs to be in a super-conference, but it seemed like very undeniable logic. ND's hand has been unexpectedly forced. If they wait much longer, it will HAVE to be the BiG, and whilst most think that would be the best league for them, plenty of articles have suggested that they consider themselves more of an East coast school than a Mid-West school.