Ironic, the Heat can't take the heat | Syracusefan.com

Ironic, the Heat can't take the heat

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
gatorade.jpg

Gatorade trolls LeBron James after Heat star leaves Game 1 early with cramps

LeBron was going pretty good. Pulling for the big fundamental myself... Just don't need any LBJ hate.
Dude is good.
So he cramped up. Just because he is giving his all.

I love the clowns that came out and immediately ripped James for not finishing the game, including comparisons to the Jordan flu game.

1. "he just didn't want to be out there". Yes, I'm sure the best player in the game, going for his third title, wanted to be sitting on the sideline instead of helping stop the bleeding in the fourth. Idiots.

2. "he didn't even try to play through it". You mean like when he came in, drove to the hoop, scored, and then couldn't walk? Yeah. Idiots.

3. "Jordan won with the flu". I'm sure many here have played sports. Playing through sickness isnt nearly the same as a physical inability. I've done both- sickness sucks, head feels heavy, slow moving, etc. But leg cramps? Your muscle is shutdown. Calf cramps in particular are awful, each time you move or jump there's potential for incredible immobility. Idiots.

4. "well everyone else had to play out there too". Oh, didn't realize each person in the world reacts the same to every condition. Idiots.

God people are dumb. Heat take game 2.

I love the clowns that came out and immediately ripped James for not finishing the game, including comparisons to the Jordan flu game.

1. "he just didn't want to be out there". Yes, I'm sure the best player in the game, going for his third title, wanted to be sitting on the sideline instead of helping stop the bleeding in the fourth. Idiots.

2. "he didn't even try to play through it". You mean like when he came in, drove to the hoop, scored, and then couldn't walk? Yeah. Idiots.

3. "Jordan won with the flu". I'm sure many here have played sports. Playing through sickness isnt nearly the same as a physical inability. I've done both- sickness sucks, head feels heavy, slow moving, etc. But leg cramps? Your muscle is shutdown. Calf cramps in particular are awful, each time you move or jump there's potential for incredible immobility. Idiots.

4. "well everyone else had to play out there too". Oh, didn't realize each person in the world reacts the same to every condition. Idiots.

God people are dumb. Heat take game 2.

I agree with everything you said, except, the Spurs will take game 2 by 20. They will continue to light it up from outside and they will take care of the ball better in game two.

I agree with everything you said, except, the Spurs will take game 2 by 20. They will continue to light it up from outside and they will take care of the ball better in game two.

Fair. I'm not taking anything away from their game, particularly the 4th. I keep hearing everyone say how next game the Spurs won't turn it over so much so they'll win more easily. Well, they also won't go 14-16FG and 6-6 from trey in the 4th. The best player in the world, who by the way, had his team up before he left the game, also won't (hopefully) be on the bench. Allen, Lewis, Battier, etc, also missed tons of open looks. Don't be fooled by game 1, it was much closer than the score.

I love San Antonio in this series. Vegas is practically baiting people to put money on Miami. I really think the Heat need superhuman performances from Lebron each game to be in position to win. The Spurs are just too good and to deep 1-9, that if everything doesn't go right for the Heat they are in trouble.

Lebron is an absolute wuss. Absolutely ridiculous; my 3 year old girl is tougher.

Hell, the temperature inside my garage last night while watching the game read 93 degrees and let's not even talk about the South Carolina humidity. However, I was still able to get up during each commercial break and make it to the fridge for another brew without wallowing in pain - no cramping, fatigue, or ice needed. Yeah, it got a little tough late in the 4th quarter for me, but that's where champions excel. I still found a way to dig in and continue even though there was a slight stumble to the fridge before reclining back in my leather club chair each time during those last few minutes of the game.

Lebron is an absolute wuss. Absolutely ridiculous; my 3 year old girl is tougher.

Hell, the temperature inside my garage last night while watching the game read 93 degrees and let's not even talk about the South Carolina humidity. However, I was still able to get up during each commercial break and make it to the fridge for another brew without wallowing in pain - no cramping, fatigue, or ice needed. Yeah, it got a little tough late in the 4th quarter for me, but that's where champions excel. I still found a way to dig in and continue even though there was a slight stumble to the fridge before reclining back in my leather club chair each time during those last few minutes of the game.
You must have been drinking coors light and keeping hydrated! Well done!

You must have been drinking coors light and keeping hydrated! Well done!

I appreciate it, but it's not all about me. It was a team victory. My wife stepped it up big time by stocking the fridge earlier in the day with those beautiful 16 ounce Miller Lite aluminum cans that get really cold. Talk about a great role player with IQ - she knew that an extra 4 ounces could cut down on trips to the fridge thus making it possible for me to finish the game.

I appreciate it, but it's not all about me. It was a team victory. My wife stepped it up big time by stocking the fridge earlier in the day with those beautiful 16 ounce Miller Lite aluminum cans that get really cold. Talk about a great role player with IQ - she knew that an extra 4 ounces could cut down on trips to the fridge thus making it possible for me to finish the game.
Your wife have a twin sister?

I heard your wife held a conference with you earlier in the day where she announced "the decision" concerning which beer to buy. I'm going to hate you forever because of that. I don't care how good you are at drinking beer, or how good of a person you are. You're evil and you get everything handed to you and you suck.

By the way, one of the best posts of 2014.

Were people really saying that? Ridiculous.

Lebron basically never gets hurt, but he's now had cramping issues in the 2012 and 2014 finals, and thee may have been others. Not sure what to make of that.

Tim Duncan 78 in basketball years plus Mario Ginobli 76 years old, Tony Parker 75 didn't faint away from the heat. His teammate, Ray Allen, another senior citizen, even managed to stay upright.

Congratulations to Nicknack for his heroic effort under even worse conditions.

Were people really saying that? Ridiculous.

Lebron basically never gets hurt, but he's now had cramping issues in the 2012 and 2014 finals, and thee may have been others. Not sure what to make of that.

You have no idea. You can't reason with most of these clowns. Blind hatred as they spew ignorance by flapping their tongues. It's amazing, really. Read this article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sporti...finals-game-with-leg-cramp-052329470-nba.html

It amazes me how foolish some people are. Anyone who has EVER played any sort of sport can relate to cramping in the lower extremities. Muscle literally shuts down.

The posting of this article and this thread in the 'Cuse hoops forum, while all other NBA threads, including ones about Miami/LBJ's many triumphs, go into the other sports forum, show the ridiculous schadenfreude on here for one of the all-time greats. This is the 5th team in 8 seasons he's been to the NBA finals, 4th year outta 4 the Heat have been to the finals. You think the Heat are there because of Mario Chalmers, Rashard Lewis, and Dwayne Wade, who missed almost 30 games this year while LeBron carried the load.

To boot, I'd bet many of the people/haters who love to pile on watch very little NBA and very well mighta not watched last night.

BTW, LBJ had 25 points and 6 rebounds, plus a few steals, and scored on a drive just before he struggled to walk off the court. That basket brought Miami within 2, they looked like the Knicks from there-on, losing by 15.

Great player, as Charles Barkley says, no superstar he's seen in his 30 years in pro hoops has ever had to do as much for his team as LeBron, guy had some big shots, played good d, all the customary stuff, yet now, the people who find hating instead of appreciating a great athlete have come outta the woodwork. http://www.sbnation.com/2014/6/6/5784916/lebron-james-cramps-nba-finals-2014-spurs-game-1

I am not a Lebron hater but Barkley's comment is as much an exaggeration as are the haters stance. Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic's teams etc weren't as dependent on a single player? Lebron hand picked his franchise and his main teammates at Miami. If he has to do so much for his team, then wasn't that have been his choice? He personally helped set up the Miami Heat to win championships. He obviously didn't have the same confidence in his situation in Cleveland where he carried most of the load on the team. Heck Wade destroyed Cleveland with Lebron on the team the year before James jumped to the Heat. Miami was already a perennial playoff team before Lebron, they became a championship caliber team with him on it.

Cramping is a temporary, treatable condition avoided by conditioning and proper preparation, it's not like he had an ACL tear and critics are ripping on him. He'll bounce back and show how no one has to feel they need to defend him as some victim, and the accolades will again become deafening if and when he does.

Hate to see the game end with the best player on the sidelines. The Spurs looked like they were giving the game away and then caught total fire in the fourth. Exciting basketball for sure.

I'm no doctor, but wouldn't it help for Lebron to lose the full-legged spandex? In 90 degree conditions, it might be cooler without them. Not sure if it's true, just something I thought while watching it go down.

I am not a Lebron hater but Barkley's comment is as much an exaggeration as are the haters stance. Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic's teams etc weren't as dependent on a single player? Lebron hand picked his franchise and his main teammates at Miami. If he has to do so much for his team, then wasn't that have been his choice? He personally helped set up the Miami Heat to win championships. He obviously didn't have the same confidence in his situation in Cleveland where he carried most of the load on the team. Heck Wade destroyed Cleveland with Lebron on the team the year before James jumped to the Heat. Miami was already a perennial playoff team before Lebron, they became a championship caliber team with him on it.

Cramping is a temporary, treatable condition avoided by conditioning and proper preparation, it's not like he had an ACL tear and critics are ripping on him. He'll bounce back and show how no one has to feel they need to defend him as some victim, and the accolades will again become deafening if and when he does.

I am not a Lebron hater but Barkley's comment is as much an exaggeration as are the haters stance. Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic's teams etc weren't as dependent on a single player? Lebron hand picked his franchise and his main teammates at Miami. If he has to do so much for his team, then wasn't that have been his choice? He personally helped set up the Miami Heat to win championships. He obviously didn't have the same confidence in his situation in Cleveland where he carried most of the load on the team. Heck Wade destroyed Cleveland with Lebron on the team the year before James jumped to the Heat. Miami was already a perennial playoff team before Lebron, they became a championship caliber team with him on it..

I haven't heard the exact Barkley quote but I assume he's basically saying that Miami relies on Lebron to do so much because he's probably the most well rounded player in the history of the league so he can take on that much responsibility. Even for the best of the best, how many teams ask one guy to be the primary ball hander, the primary scorer, and the primary defensive stopper on the other teams best player, regardless of position? Lebron is 6-8 260; the guy was chasing Tony Parker around last year in Game 7 of the finals. And the year before he was guarding Kevin Durant. The closest comp to that would probably be Jordan; but Lebron can guard bigger guys than MJ. Were the Celtics asking Bird to chase Isiah Thomas around?

I'm not sure that is a defense of Lebron as much of a statement of fact. The guy is one of the great talents in the history of the game, he should be expected to do a lot for his team

Jordan had Scottie Pippen, Rodman, two all-time greats. Kobe had Shaq, Bird had McHale and the Chief, Magic had Worthy and a host of others. They weren't exactly flying solo.

You could see the fire in LeBron last night, he's a winner and a warrior, Miami was in it, and I thought very well might win it, till he went out. Then you saw how well the team performed without him.

LBJ is a workout freak, often wears a weighted vest when working out, is an unreal physical specimen. It was killing him to sit at the end. You could see it. He wanted to go back in, Spoelstra told him to not even think about it.

I haven't heard the exact Barkley quote but I assume he's basically saying that Miami relies on Lebron to do so much because he's probably the most well rounded player in the history of the league so he can take on that much responsibility. Even for the best of the best, how many teams ask one guy to be the primary ball hander, the primary scorer, and the primary defensive stopper on the other teams best player, regardless of position? Lebron is 6-8 260; the guy was chasing Tony Parker around last year in Game 7 of the finals. And the year before he was guarding Kevin Durant. The closest comp to that would probably be Jordan; but Lebron can guard bigger guys than MJ. Were the Celtics asking Bird to chase Isiah Thomas around?

I'm not sure that is a defense of Lebron as much of a statement of fact. The guy is one of the great talents in the history of the game, he should be expected to do a lot for his team

‘‘I’ve been in the NBA for 30 years,’’ (Barkley) said. ‘‘We’ve never had a player that leads the team in scoring, assists, rebounds, and then has to guard the best player on the floor. As great as Michael Jordan was, as great as Kobe [Bryant] was, I’m not comparing [James] to Michael, but you’ve never had one guy have to do so much. A few years ago, he had to guard Derrick Rose in the fourth quarter of the [2011 Eastern Conference Finals]. Then he guards Kevin Durant [in the 2012 Finals]. Are you kidding me?’’
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2785...e-for-michael-jordans-bulls.html#.U5HUVBbobL8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom