Is anyone genuinely intrigued? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is anyone genuinely intrigued?

I'm familiar with curb stomping but not a monkey stomp...color me intrigued

Ok so no guesses other than this possible American History X reference.

The movie I was referencing is the all time classic Major Payne. The Monkey Stomp was one of his many colorful threats throughout the film.

If we had Jesse, I would be. Just to get somewhat of a preview of what next year could kinda look like. But no Jesse or Buddy, and basically no bench? That’s tough.

By what Syracuse is going to look like without Buddy on the floor tomorrow vs. Duke? I mean we all know it sucks that Buddy is out for a myriad of personal & nostalgic reasons, that’s a given…

But, the “formula” against Duke has been brutally bad this year, a lot of Buddy iso ball has been included in that, something needed to change... now it has. Without Buddy even being an option I just wonder if the offense will be that much more fluid & free flowing - a true point guard in Symir, Joe playing the 2 like everyone has desired… no real expectation/pressure, just the opportunity to play with freedom. I believe the defense will be better with Symir in of course too.

Even if it doesn’t click at all, even if it’s a total blow out, I’m still intrigued to see how it looks tomorrow either way!

What do you think?
I am very interested to see how Symir does here.

It is a really important game for him. If he plays well, I think everyone, including the coaching staff, will feel a lot better about him running the team next season as the starting PG.

If he plays poorly, I think we almost surely look to add a PG in the offseason.

To a lesser extent, the same applies to Cole, who will play the primary scoring role today in 'test drive' mode. If he plays well and seems comfortable, it might go a lot way towards convincing him it is wise to stay a year and have a chance to really show scouts what he is capable of leading an offense.

Those two are going to be the players I focus on the most today.

every player on the court is one bad landing or trip from missing games. with the covid thing it was even more dicey. but it's the coaches job to plan for such contingencies. that's why you develop a strong bench. like insurance. sucks to pay it. but how great when you really need it.

Ok so no guesses other than this possible American History X reference.

The movie I was referencing is the all time classic Major Payne. The Monkey Stomp was one of his many colorful threats throughout the film.
"If he's still in there, he ain't happy."

every player on the court is one bad landing or trip from missing games. with the covid thing it was even more dicey. but it's the coaches job to plan for such contingencies. that's why you develop a strong bench. like insurance. sucks to pay it. but how great when you really need it.

I’ll use a reference I gave my wife when I suggested getting a gun for home protection. “It’s better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it”.
JB doesn’t “develop” benches. He’s done the math and decided “Ironman” basketball works better for his system.
Oh, he’ll talk a good game, but he’ll usually revert to the norm w/ excuses like players are “not ready”, etc.
Watching Sy, and Frank, and heck even JBA, it sucks to consider they’re only getting extended, unpressured PT, due to necessity. Same as it ever was.

Expect this to look like us vs FSU yesterday. With us in the role of FSU.

I’ll use a reference I gave my wife when I suggested getting a gun for home protection. “It’s better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it”.
JB doesn’t “develop” benches. He’s done the math and decided “Ironman” basketball works better for his system.
Oh, he’ll talk a good game, but he’ll usually revert to the norm w/ excuses like players are “not ready”, etc.
Watching Sy, and Frank, and heck even JBA, it sucks to consider they’re only getting extended, unpressured PT, due to necessity. Same as it ever was.
That analogy should make things interesting…

having a spare tire in the trunk only adds additional weight and reduces gas mileage . reasonable argument . but HEY ... have fun walking home MOFO when the blowout happens ! sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to gain security. not 5 x 40 . bad math.

Last edited:
TBF I assume thats most people ALTHOUGH I saw a weird amt of Syracuse 1st half ML takes on twitter this AM. Which hit.

Good call by them
There was a guy on here last night saying he was embarrassed by people saying zero chance. He was calling them idiots. He’s also tremendously handsome

There was a guy on here last night saying he was embarrassed by people saying zero chance. He was calling them idiots. He’s also tremendously handsome
Hey, a broken clock….

I hope you threw down double what you tossed on the chiefs against cincy!

Took the spread
I stayed away, I liked VT much more, which came through, and i also took the over in the first half of the BC/Miami game which worked out well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom