Is Bell Injured? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Bell Injured?

Bell is in the JB doghouse because he hasn't performed well in practice in coach's view.
Perhaps the team has checked out because they think Bell is being treated unfairly??
Or there is another issue that has kept Bell off the floor and JB is deflecting questions to protect his privacy. We don;t have the right to know everything that goes on, particularly off the court.

I think the answer is...

lkdqQA.gif
this is one of my favorite movie quotes, I use it as frequently as possible, and nobody ever knows where it comes from.

Or there is another issue that has kept Bell off the floor and JB is deflecting questions to protect his privacy. We don;t have the right to know everything that goes on, particularly off the court.
I think he needs to keep his mouth shut.

I had faith in Buddy shooting even when he was missing.
Yeah, he did eventually contribute big time late in that season.

Bell isn’t the shooter Buddy was IMO, but I don’t have a problem with his shooting for a freshman. It’s just that he does absolutely nothing else.

He’s absolutely a guy who wouldn’t have seen the court here until his Junior year, in the “old days”.

Kids a frosh hope he sticks hes got a nice shot

Yeah, he did eventually contribute big time late in that season.

Bell isn’t the shooter Buddy was IMO, but I don’t have a problem with his shooting for a freshman. It’s just that he does absolutely nothing else.
Buddy for his limitations was an amazing player, he worked hard, added to his game, just played here at the wrong time. You throw him on the 2010 team and give him 15-20 minutes a game and they don’t lose a game, same for the 12 team. I truly believe if Kadary was given more run and brought back, we were contenders.

I’m shocked that Buddy wouldn’t campaign for Kadary, I know he was great friends with Joe, but what if.

Buddy carried last years team, I made it a point to watch him off the ball, he didn’t work look Cooney, but the kid worked his ass off while being very below average athleticism and still cooked.

Kids a frosh hope he sticks hes got a nice shot
I hope he leaves, his shot is nowhere it needs to be to have every other basketball skill be where it’s at. I’ve seen high school juniors with more game skill than Bell. Bell is one of those kids who get trained on his shot and that’s it, thinking that’s all he needs. He needs more.

I hope he leaves, his shot is nowhere it needs to be to have every other basketball skill be where it’s at. I’ve seen high school juniors with more game skill than Bell. Bell is one of those kids who get trained on his shot and that’s it, thinking that’s all he needs. He needs more.
Id like to him next year.

Buddy for his limitations was an amazing player, he worked hard, added to his game, just played here at the wrong time. You throw him on the 2010 team and give him 15-20 minutes a game and they don’t lose a game, same for the 12 team. I truly believe if Kadary was given more run and brought back, we were contenders.

I’m shocked that Buddy wouldn’t campaign for Kadary, I know he was great friends with Joe, but what if.

Buddy carried last years team, I made it a point to watch him off the ball, he didn’t work look Cooney, but the kid worked his ass off while being very below average athleticism and still cooked.

Put Buddy on the ‘13 or ‘14 team and I think we’re national champs. Both teams needed one more shooter.

Put Buddy on the ‘13 or ‘14 team and I think we’re national champs. Both teams needed one more shooter.
Didn’t even think of that, absolutely. Triche is one of the most underrated of all time, but split some minutes up between the 1-3 for buddy, good god we’re good. Ennis team too.

Buddy is a hooper.

Didn’t even think of that, absolutely. Triche is one of the most underrated of all time, but split some minutes up between the 1-3 for buddy, good god we’re good. Ennis team too.

Buddy is a hooper.
Triche had a bad shooting year that year, and Cooney really wasn’t ready. Team really could’ve used a 3rd guard that was a shooter. And that team was so good defensively that Buddy probably could’ve held his own.

No Bells mommy called and wants him to shut it down and portal it...probably
Isn't his father some kind of VP with Roc Nation? I think he also dropped his father's last name at the start of the season. He was recruited as Chris Bunch and I believe he wore "Bunch" on his jersey for the exhibitions before changing it to Bell.

Triche had a bad shooting year that year, and Cooney really wasn’t ready. Team really could’ve used a 3rd guard that was a shooter. And that team was so good defensively that Buddy probably could’ve held his own.
That’s where I’m at with the zone, not pro 100%, but there is a place for it. We’ve hidden guys in it since the beginning, but it takes effort. Outside of Jesse right now, I don’t think there is a guy who gives it his all or isn’t athletically capable. I’ll knock the no effort guys, but the athletic incapable, it’s really not their fault.

Still can’t believe we ran Joe and Buddy at the top for 3 years.

Buddy is a hooper.

If only he could take back the gut punch. Would have liked to see where last year's ACCT could have landed.

He injured his thumb on his shooting hand. I think it happened in the second half of the Clemson game. He hit his hand on the rim going for a blocked shot on a fast break. He has had a wrap on his thumb/wrist the last two games. He was shooting well in warm-ups last night but maybe it is impacting his ability to squeeze the ball when rebounding ;)
How would anyone know?

Other than Buddy. He was like 0 for November and kept getting minutes and shots.
After Buddy’s horrific start in his first 5 games (he was 3-for-28 total; 2-for-18 from 3-pt range), he was essentially benched. In the next 12 games, Buddy got 2 DNPs, played 6 minutes or less in 6 other games, and only got extended minutes (but still less than 20) in three blowout December wins against Northeastern, Arkansas St and St Bonaventure. When Buddy sparked the offense with three 3s against Ga Tech on 1/12 (in a game they eventually lost) he more or less broke out of his slump and played his way back into the rotation.

It was a popular narrative for a while on this board that JB kept feeding Buddy minutes and shots (because I think people were hinting at nepotism as the only reason Buddy was playing), but it’s really not true if you go back and look through the game logs.

Bell is in the JB doghouse because he hasn't performed well in practice in coach's view.
Perhaps the team has checked out because they think Bell is being treated unfairly??

No

Pick your poison because he and Taylor don't do much of anything. It's a toss up who should get the minutes so split them.

In the two games Taylor has started he's played 35 minutes. He's 1-4 with 2 points and 3 rebounds. No steals or blocks.

Going back to the UNC game - which is when the wheels started to come off.

Bell 164 minutes (excludes GT/Pitt - 8 games)
17-50
49 points
19 rebounds
4 assists
2 blocks
0 steals
4 turnovers

Taylor 164 minutes (includes GT/PITT - 10 games)
11-33
30 points
15 rebounds
3 assists
2 blocks
3 steals
3 turnovers

They are nearly identical statistically. Both should play and probably play equally and stick with the hot hand. If Bell is healthy he should be playing to close out the season. Both of these kids are freshman, both have talent and both need to be coached up for the college game.

Maybe the answer is Benny at the 3 and Brown at the 4 but there are really no good options because Benny doesn't play any defense. The team is rolling with 4 and 5 freshman playing key minutes.
Yeah, and one of those freshmen is Judah, who’s having a banner year on his way to becoming ROY, All Conference, All Defensive Team, and All Rookie Team. Let’s keep things in perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom