Is buffalo/msg really that big a deal? | Syracusefan.com

Is buffalo/msg really that big a deal?

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
We've had absolute dogfights at home to teams that won't even sniff the tournament. St Francis, Miami, nc state, bc. Needed a Herculean effort from cooney to beat nd. It's not where you play it's how you play. We won't make it out of buffalo playing like this.

Totally true, but it would just up our odds a little bit.

I still think, assuming we get this somewhat turned around, and we get Buffalo/MSG, we'd be the most likely final four team. Not playing like this though

Rough stretch in a new conference.

If we won tonight would have made this post?

This team clearly hasn't been focused since Duke, and has been reliant on being pretty much perfect in the last 2minutes of games to win the past 2 weeks.

A loss @Duke might not refocus them; but a loss to a 6-19 team @ the Dome should.

Rough stretch in a new conference.

If we won tonight would have made this post?

This team clearly hasn't been focused since Duke, and has been reliant on being pretty much perfect in the last 2minutes of games to win the past 2 weeks.

A loss @Duke might not refocus them; but a loss to a 6-19 team @ the Dome should.

That's the optimistic take, and there is probably some truth to it. No matter how good you think we are, we're better than NC State and BC at home. If they win Saturday, it's basically a wash. IF.

we aren't even close to losing msg and or buffalo . We likely need to lose 3 more regular season games to possibly lose a 1 seed

Buffalo and NYC matter infinitely more to us than the team.

The only things that matter for the team are draw and execution.

I went to boston, that was essentially a home game. OSU still won.

is it? we play every game to not lose.
Not that part. The part of not wanting to be a #1 because we might lose to a #16. Wew might. But we might lose to a #15 as well.

We built up a huge cushion to get buffalo/ msg. If we lose it is likely due to us struggling down the stretch. And it would cause doubts if this is really legit title contender.

BC tonight was essentially the equivalent of a 16 seed. If we throw this game out there in the first round, you better believe we'll be in a dog fight.

Not that part. The part of not wanting to be a #1 because we might lose to a #16. Wew might. But we might lose to a #15 as well.
I'd rather take our chances as a 2 seed. Enough 2 seeds have lost to 15 seeds that it would just be a footnote in history.

As we are playing right now, we are without a doubt the #1 seed that is most primed for the first ever upset by a 16 seed. I cannot think of another team that is a weaker playing 1 seed than we are right now...in the history of 1 seeds of the NCAA tourney.

I'd rather take our chances as a 2 seed. Enough 2 seeds have lost to 15 seeds that it would just be a footnote in history.

As we are playing right now, we are without a doubt the #1 seed that is most primed for the first ever upset by a 16 seed. I cannot think of another team that is a weaker playing 1 seed than we are right now...in the history of 1 seeds of the NCAA tourney.
So, let me see if I understand this post. You don't want us to get a #1 seed because a loss as a #2 seed would be less embarrassing?

So, let me see if I understand this post. You don't want us to get a #1 seed because a loss as a #2 seed would be less embarrassing?
I don't trust this team to get out of the first round right now. I'm going to dread watching a nail biter vs a 15/16 seed. We are struggling to break 50. Any team that makes the tourney has a shot to beat us unless we improve dramatically on offense.

I don't trust this team to get out of the first round right now. I'm going to dread watching a nail biter vs a 15/16 seed. We are struggling to break 50. Any team that makes the tourney has a shot to beat us unless we improve dramatically on offense.
Plenty of time left to improve. It will be okay.

Like we did in 2012 you mean? We then went on to an Elite 8 and got absolutely jobbed by the refs and didn't have Fab Melo.

Face it guys, once the brackets are out everyone is 0-0. Win and advance. Who cares how you win.

First thought would be Cincy without Kenyon Martin in 00.

BC is probably a rough approximation of a 16 seed, so your point has a lot of merit.

Like we did in 2012 you mean? We then went on to an Elite 8 and got absolutely jobbed by the refs and didn't have Fab Melo.

Face it guys, once the brackets are out everyone is 0-0. Win and advance. Who cares how you win.
My stress levels and sanity care how we win.

My stress levels and sanity care how we win.

And also your odds of winning. I'm not writing us off by any means, but teams that lose to teams like BC at home; well I feel like they don't go very far in the tournament. Though someone proving me wrong would make me feel better