Is Copeland considered a PG for our team? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Copeland considered a PG for our team?

Does Copeland play PG for us?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would say Copeland is the closest thing to a true PG we have, despite that he's wing-sized. As he continues to polish his game I think he gets more and more ball handling and facilitating duties. Judah and JJ are lead guards. Not sure about Westry yet but I think he has great vision and will be good at driving and kicking, which would be great if there's shooters on the court next year.
Bumping my post because I feel brillant

I think this vote shows how well some of you know ball
Listen, you are more than welcome to thump your chest on this one...but a couple days ago you said:

"(Brown) doesn’t have the weight to keep the centers out of the paint."

Believe Post is 7 feet tall and had 0 points. I wouldn't suggest you don't know ball though. Just sayin'

I would love to continue to see Copeland as the pg on the floor with Judah as a combo/sg. His vision is 100 times better than Judah's - Copeland just needs to cut down the turnovers and carelessness with the ball (which occurs mostly when he tries to be unnecessarily flashy). There's a place in the league for small combo guards who understands their role (Malik Monk, Quickley, Smart). The Copeland/Maliq connection means Maliq should start at center being that our other centers do not have the IQ to move to the basket and find the space for the Copeland passes and definitely do not have the hands to catch and finish.

Listen, you are more than welcome to thump your chest on this one...but a couple days ago you said:

Believe Post is 7 feet tall and had 0 points. I wouldn't suggest you don't know ball though. Just sayin'
Make sure you quote me properly. And I specifically said, he is a great player and is always giving his all. Not sure what I said in this quote is wrong?

Have a great PF, but no one that can lock down the paint.

Brown played some great defense tonight, but couple times there was just nothing he could do. Flipkowski would just shoot it over him. It’s extremely hard to play center at 6’8” and his weight. He doesn’t have the weight to keep the centers out of the paint. And he doesn’t have the height to make up for his low weight to wipe the shot away if the center does get position. This is not a shot at Brown, it’s more so the limitations we have at center. Browns a fantastic player and is always giving his all.

Copeland is certainly the closest thing to a PG that this team has. Judah does almost nothing to set up anyone other than himself. Copeland at least seems to understand and see that there are four other humans on the court wearing the same uniforms as he is within the same space/time continuum.

Copeland is certainly the closest thing to a PG that this team has. Judah does almost nothing to set up anyone other than himself. Copeland at least seems to understand and see that there are four other humans on the court wearing the same uniforms as he is within the same space/time continuum.
Good to see a post from you, boss.

Outscored 58-32 in the paint and out rebounded by 23.

So you misconstructed my quote and then decided to use a 1 game snapshot to try and “prove” me wrong.

Do better

Bench Starling, Judah to the 2 and Cope at the point. Cope is clearly the best point guard we have.
i understand starling has underwhelmed but he is still one of the highest ceiling players on the team

i rather see JJ than Taylor or Benny...or even cuffe

there arent enough bodies to bench all the players that need to be benched

taking away his playing time isnt helping him, either...

cope hasnt necessarily lit it up vs quad 1 teams, either

JJ needs to have a big role on the this team...its the only way.

i understand starling has underwhelmed but he is still one of the highest ceiling players on the team

i rather see JJ than Taylor or Benny...or even cuffe

there arent enough bodies to bench all the players that need to be benched

taking away his playing time isnt helping him, either...

cope hasnt necessarily lit it up vs quad 1 teams, either

JJ needs to have a big role on the this team...its the only way.
Why is his ceiling high? Like what do you expect him to do to be a high ceiling player?

Why is his ceiling high? Like what do you expect him to do to be a high ceiling player?
the good plays that he makes look great. the lightning quick drives and finishes...the pullup jumpers the threes...he's just inconsistent. the tools are there. the athleticism is there.

the decision making and mentality isnt. too passive.

did you watch the georgetown game by chance?

thats a loss without JJ.

Sports-reference advanced stats are very interesting in conference play

Brown and Copeland stand out

It's shocking how poor mintz and starling do in win shares, o rating, d rating

Williams 0-10 from three

Bench Starling, Judah to the 2 and Cope at the point. Cope is clearly the best point guard we have.
I have to wonder how smart Autry is to bring in starling given we had mintz

At least when boeheim had players with the same strengths and weaknesses, they were his own kids

Having your point guard giving cameramen Arabian googles every time he feels like going in an adventure to the basket is not good for the 4 teammates who then have to defend

What is this, 1998? Same conversations

Well, yeah, that was the joke
1705424343498.gif

At least when boeheim had players with the same strengths and weaknesses, they were his own kids
I think he brought him in thinking he has Starling for two years after Mintz if Mintz leaves after this season, personally after seeing his grandpas comments, have a feeling he’ll transfer before he goes to the league.

But I agree with what your saying, they don’t compliment each other in any positive way.

I assume he thought JJ would be back to being the shooter he was before he got injured at Notre Dame. If JJ could shoot it like he did in HS, this would be a tournament team.

People are forgetting Mintz was 50/50 on coming back when we got Starling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom