Is Copeland considered a PG for our team? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is Copeland considered a PG for our team?

Does Copeland play PG for us?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm no physics major, but I believe you have to shoot the ball higher than the rim for the basketball to go through the rim.
You may not be not have the academic credentials but you have a lengthy resume of rim jobs

People are forgetting Mintz was 50/50 on coming back when we got Starling
He gets a pass if he goes and gets starling at the last minute because he thinks mintz is gone

There was also talk that Starling was good enough to only be here one year sooo….

He gets a pass if he goes and gets starling at the last minute because he thinks mintz is gone
If he waited last minute, Starling would have been gone. Its how we ended up with Naheem as Jesse's replacement. I get Starling hasn't worked out, but the second guessing on getting him is misplaced.

JJ and Judah have proven out to be very much the same type of player this season, so it is troublesome playing them together. JJ just seems to cuckhold himself to Judah and disappears. I’m sure Red expected JJ would be a better 3-ball shooting “Judah light”, but it has not yet come to pass.

If he waited last minute, Starling would have been gone. Its how we ended up with Naheem as Jesse's replacement. I get Starling hasn't worked out, but the second guessing on getting him is misplaced.
Getting Starling from the portal was a no-brainer and most likely pre-arranged to some degree. That's not something that should be held against Red -- in fact, if he didn't get Starling, most would have held that against Red.

Getting Starling from the portal was a no-brainer and most likely pre-arranged to some degree. That's not something that should be held against Red -- in fact, if he didn't get Starling, most would have held that against Red.
Why was this a no brainer? He just have to take a clone of a guy we already have? I don't understand what pre arranged means

Red and JJ go back a long ways.

Why was this a no brainer? He just have to take a clone of a guy we already have? I don't understand what pre arranged means
No-brainer because he was a 5-star All American recruit, he's from Syracuse, he has a relationship with Red and Red's family, Red needed athletic guards, there was a good chance Judah went pro, his parents wanted him to come home, he wanted to come home, he was a really good shooter in high school, it appeared his season last year was affected by knee and shoulder injuries and he was surrounded by bad players and a different style so it wasn't indicative of who he is, he fits the style Red wants to play, just about every coach in the country wanted him, etc. If he went to Alabama or something people would have been upset given the foregoing.

Pre-arranged means JJ knew he would leave ND since Brey had to leave, and his camp probably talked to Cuse before the season ended.

.299 from three and .638 from the line tells you he's not a shooter better than high school reputation does

He's a great mintz Judah replacement, he's not a good Judah complement

I think he's better than Mintz fwiw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom