Is George D calling the plays for UConn? | Syracusefan.com

Is George D calling the plays for UConn?

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
My god watching this Uconn/Iowa State game is like reliving a nightmare, 14 first down plays and Uconn has run the ball on 13 of them for 35 yards. Under 2 minutes to go before the half and P has his wildcat QB in the game running it up the gut for a half yard gain. Syracuse looks like the fun n gun under Spurrier compared to this playcalling, just awful.

By 3 they should be up 17+ easily, three turnovers all deep in Iowa state territory and they got 3 points out of it. If we dont beat Uconn this year Im going to be shocked there not that good.

i agree, we should beat them this year. All I'm saying is that I would rather have a win regardless of flash.

Iowa St. just took the lead. I think P was a great guy, but never head coach material. He has the perfect mentality for a position coach but refuses to be adaptable. I'm glad we have Marrone, even if we had to go through the G Rob years to get to him.

My god watching this Uconn/Iowa State game is like reliving a nightmare, 14 first down plays and Uconn has run the ball on 13 of them for 35 yards. Under 2 minutes to go before the half and P has his wildcat QB in the game running it up the gut for a half yard gain. Syracuse looks like the fun n gun under Spurrier compared to this playcalling, just awful.

Prediction...P&D make it all of 2 years in Storrs. Feels like I'm watching SU toward the end of their time here. Almost feel bad for Uconn....almost

LOL yup almost is right. Although they did call a double pass there nice trick play but it doesnt work when your QB cant hit a wide open WR.
Hey dont forget tomorrow at Rosies if you can make it.

Love that mike gleason is calling this game. He's the worst

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Iowa St. just took the lead. I think P was a great guy, but never head coach material. He has the perfect mentality for a position coach but refuses to be adaptable. I'm glad we have Marrone, even if we had to go through the G Rob years to get to him.

Oh just freakin' stop. No sane person can look at P's FOURTEEN YEARS at SU and think he wasn't head coach material.

That may be the worst comment yet on the new board. Congrats.

What?

Funny post on the UCONN board. "Is it PP or Deleone?"(that is the problem). My god, where have we heard that debate before.

they called the TO on 4th down and the clock dead.. thats 40 secs they could have used at the end..

i think using it on a play needing 3 yds was a waste when you have 3 left to try and get the ball back. give yourself two shots to win..

they called the TO on 4th down and the clock dead.. thats 40 secs they could have used at the end..

i think using it on a play needing 3 yds was a waste when you have 3 left to try and get the ball back. give yourself two shots to win..

Bingo upperdeck, I was thinking the exact same thing when he called that timeout. I turned to my GF and told her they wouldnt get it and that TO was gonna cost them, sure enough. Terrible clock management.

Funny post on the UCONN board. "Is it PP or Deleone?"(that is the problem). My god, where have we heard that debate before.
it has always been my opinion that deleone was a bigger problem but coach P just wont get rid of him

Oh just freakin' stop. No sane person can look at P's FOURTEEN YEARS at SU and think he wasn't head coach material.

That may be the worst comment yet on the new board. Congrats.

I can look at 5 out of his last 6 and wonder. The 91-92 teams were handed to him ready made by coach Mac, and McNabb largely carried the teams 95-99. I'm not saying he hasn't forgotten more football than I'll ever know, but his stubborness or inability to adapt suggested to me that he was better served working in some type of assistant capacity versus head coach. Alot of good coaches fall into that mold. Monte Kiffin, Wade Philips, Dom Capers, Dave Wannstedt, Mike Martz, Greg Williams, and Norv Turner have all had more success as assistants than as head coaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom