Is it bad to hope I get to see Butler getting destroyed? | Syracusefan.com

Is it bad to hope I get to see Butler getting destroyed?

I can't stand Butler's style of play. Perhaps I'm still bitter . . . . . . . . .

Very bad. Besides the fact that Indiana was responsible for worst loss in the HISTORY of the Syracuse Basketball program, from a more current perspective, this year they are ahead of us and thus in direct "head to head" contention for a possible #1 seed. And besides all that, how could you not want to see an unranked team take down the #1 ranked team in the country?

I know all this which is why I posted. I still want to see someone wipe the floor with Futler. Oh well, Indiana not looking overly impressive in this one.

Lesser of 2 evils. I hate Indiana more! I hope we take both of them to the wood shed during the tourney. I would like to return the favor to Indiana but not at the last second, I hope it's a whole game of us crushing them.

Were any of you around in '87? Seriously, I was young, but am I that old that people want Indiana to win? Seriously?

What the hell is next? Pulling for Georgetown?

44cuse

Were any of you around in '87? Seriously, I was young, but am I that old that people want Indiana to win? Seriously?

44cuse

It isn't so much Indiana winning versus Butler losing.

About two minutes ago the Butler fans at this game "cheered" a foul called on Indiana. If any group of delusional sports fans needed to be slapped across the face, it's those morons. Duke would blush at the amount of Butler got away with in those 2010 and 2011 tournaments.

I really don't have a problem with Butler. I can't possibly hate every team that has ever beat us in the tournament as if they're Georgetown. I think they're gritty and play hard as a team. I like that Brad Stevens could have jumped to a bigger program by now, but he's stayed loyal to them.

I really don't have a problem with Butler. I can't possibly hate every team that has ever beat us in the tournament as if they're Georgetown. I think they're gritty and play hard as a team. I like that Brad Stevens could have jumped to a bigger program by now, but he's stayed loyal to them.

It's funny, I don't have any problems with Ohio State, Marquette, Oklahoma, A&M, Alabama or even Vermont. I hate Butler though.

44cuse

Indiana beat us fair and square.

Butler is a bunch of punks with limited talent who play basketball like Pittsburgh. I have no respect for what they do on the court.

Indiana is he bigger evil. They are also #1 in the country...always root aginat that

Eh, I despised the two Butler teams that made it to the finals, this team isn't so annoying. Thus far I kind of like them. They don't seem to spend the whole game hacking, maybe just half now.

I will root for Butler EVERYTIME against Indiana. EVERYTIME. If you root for IU over Butler then you either were not alive or were not a fan in March of 1987 or you are a freaking moron.

MORON

But how do you feel about UConn?

I will root for Butler EVERYTIME against Indiana. EVERYTIME. If you root for IU over Butler then you either were not alive or were not a fan in March of 1987 or you are a freaking moron.

MORON

Thank you Marsh. I was just about to post the same thing to explain it to NKR1978 as he/she must been too young at the time to not comprehend the devastation. However, what NKR1978 should have been able to grasp is that even if the "worst day in Syracuse Sports History" never occurred in '87, you still had an unranked mid-major just take down the #1 ranked team in the country. So yet another reason why it was completely MORONIC to root for Indiana today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom