Is it bad to hope I get to see Butler getting destroyed? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is it bad to hope I get to see Butler getting destroyed?

Thank you Marsh. I was just about to post the same thing to explain it to NKR1978 as he/she must been too young at the time to not comprehend the devastation. However, what NKR1978 should have been able to grasp is that even if the "worst day in Syracuse Sports History" never occurred in '87, you still had an unranked mid-major just take down the #1 ranked team in the country. So yet another reason why it was completely MORONIC to root for Indiana today.

Ditto Eric. Well said.

Thank you Marsh. I was just about to post the same thing to explain it to NKR1978 as he/she must been too young at the time to not comprehend the devastation. However, what NKR1978 should have been able to grasp is that even if the "worst day in Syracuse Sports History" never occurred in '87, you still had an unranked mid-major just take down the #1 ranked team in the country. So yet another reason why it was completely MORONIC to root for Indiana today.

E, this BET will be a blast. I can't wait!

44cuse

I will root for Butler EVERYTIME against Indiana. EVERYTIME. If you root for IU over Butler then you either were not alive or were not a fan in March of 1987 or you are a freaking moron.

MORON

Marsh, you beat me to it. What is this root for Indiana BS? Only explanation is not alive in 1987 and that just pisses me off further because its a case of not knowing ones history.

Ridiculous.

44cuse

I was 11 in 87 and cried at the end of that game. But they didn't hack us to death we missed the front end late and lost Alfed too many times in the second half.

Edit: Melo helped me get over that . . . . . . still not over that Futler loss . . particularly that beast throwing Kris OB on a rebound late.

I was 11 in 87 and cried at the end of that game. But they didn't hack us to death we missed the front end late and lost Alfed too many times in the second half.

Edit: Melo helped me get over that . . . . . . still not over that Futler loss . . particularly that beast throwing Kris OB on a rebound late.

Yup. In 1987 we got beaten by a very good team that made plays to win while we did not. I didn't feel that that was the case in 2010. And I hate what guys like Stevens and Howland have contributed to what is supposed to be a game of finesse and skill.

Or we could appeal to emotion and call one another morons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom