Is it just me, or ... | Syracusefan.com

Is it just me, or ...

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Does it feel like Fran has signed about 100 guys already in six months? FFS, we have a Top 25 or so class for this fall, a Top 10 class for 2025, and the number 3 class for 2026 already (only 3 guys, but two 4-stars and a five).

This feels insane.

Does it feel like Fran has signed about 100 guys already in six months? FFS, we have a Top 25 or so class for this fall, a Top 10 class for 2025, and the number 3 class for 2026 already (only 3 guys, but two 4-stars and a five).

This feels insane.
It's because it is insane. If possible try and meet Fran at an event or anyway possible. He is special. I'm a white kid raised by two parents from farms. Dairy and Chicken. Suffice to say my background is about as different from Frans as possible. Still he connects immediately and it's natural. I believe that his strength is that he possesses an enormous amount of empathy. That and his faith are his foundation. His ability to understand other people's needs, wants, etc... and genuinely care about helping them achieve their goals is his strength. Basically Fran is all about helping others. Be it football, school, life, community, or Faith he wants to help.
I would send my daughters to be mentored by him in a second.
The other thing that I see is someone who is a sponge for knowledge. He wants to learn. He is special and as I have posted before I believe that someday he will be doing great work outside of football. We are very fortunate to have him. Fortunate that he picked Syracuse as the place he wanted to lead. I truly believe that he is going to go on to become one of our best coaches ever.

We don't have a SINGLE 2027 commit yet. Is it time to panic? Maybe Fran is on the hot seat?
When you have recruits that are 6-5-200 lbs reporting running 10.9 for the hundred, that's good news. A big WR with very good speed.

Its been awesome. Tons of 2024's, 2025's and a few 2026's.

What is kind of crazy to me is we got 18 transfers in the 2024 class which is a lot. Obviously that contributed to all of the commits. Louisville got 30 of them in the 2024 class. And that is after bringing in 25 transfers in the previous 2023 class to turn things around last year. Glad we don't play them again this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom