Is it safe to say Villanova | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is it safe to say Villanova

Who in the media is critical of JB?

Gottlieb I guess? Of course they act like BFFs when he's on his radio show.

Bomani Jones? Is The Right Time even on the air anymore?

You know you're a has been when you've lost Bomani Jones. lol he's the tool of all tools.

And yet, the group of people with the attitudes about SU that you listed, consider themselves to be "fans". They are not, IMO. They are instead chronic whiners filled with an incontrollable urge (Tens of thousands of Posts) to share their opinions.
He’s referring to the media . Not fans ( true or so called).

Who in the media is critical of JB?

Gottlieb I guess? Of course they act like BFFs when he's on his radio show.

Bomani Jones? Is The Right Time even on the air anymore?

National media loves him . Wilbon , kornheiser , cowherd ... even Dougie.. Gottlieb talks smack about us when we’re on the bubble and I’m sure most of it is trolling and schtick..I’ve never heard him disparage truly good SU teams ..

At this point, why would any recruit choose to play for JB, play 100% zone and run no semblance of an offense over a situation at Nova where they will win in that conference, score points and play a more pleasing defense. The NBA whispers about the zone, while probably having no merit, certainly have to get to some kids.

At this point, why would any recruit choose to play for JB, play 100% zone and run no semblance of an offense over a situation at Nova where they will win in that conference, score points and play a more pleasing defense. The NBA whispers about the zone, while probably having no merit, certainly have to get to some kids.

Because if you are top notch, you're likely going to get spotlighted and play 38-40 minutes/game? :)

National media loves him . Wilbon , kornheiser , cowherd ... even Dougie.. Gottlieb talks smack about us when we’re on the bubble and I’m sure most of it is trolling and schtick..I’ve never heard him disparage truly good SU teams ..

You might not consider him "media" (although that is his fulltime job)but Charles Barkley is an example. He gave a speech on national TV during this tournament about how Boeheim never develops players and if you go to Syracuse they will not develop your game and you won't improve defensively because of the zone and never improve offensively (also because of the zone). Went on to say the only effective offensive player we've ever had was Anthony. You can't tell me that you would ever hear such a thing said about any college program other than Syracuse. Most coverage of college basketball is a white washed love fest.

You might not consider him "media" (although that is his fulltime job)but Charles Barkley is an example. He gave a speech on national TV during this tournament about how Boeheim never develops players and if you go to Syracuse they will not develop your game and you won't improve defensively because of the zone and never improve offensively (also because of the zone). Went on to say the only effective offensive player we've ever had was Anthony. You can't tell me that you would ever hear such a thing said about any college program other than Syracuse. Most coverage of college basketball is a white washed love fest.

Charles Barkley is a complete DUMBASS when it comes to college hoops.
He's turrible.

It's almost like the moronic caricature he plays in the Capital One commercials is how he actually is in real life - at least when it comes to his knowledge and expertise about college hoops.

Seems to me Villanova has benefited most from a coach that has landed on a formula that puts them in position to win NC's. They're not that big, but the big men they have are physical and they're surrounded by guys that can pass, dribble, and shoot. They had 6 guys average double figure points and 8 average double figure minutes this year. The national plauer of the year averaged less than 32 mpg. 4 guys shot 40% from 3 and 6 shot over 35%. Combine that shooting with really good ball movement and there's too much floor for other teams to cover without someone getting open. Jay Wright has it going right now, and since he's not relying on the type of prospects the NBA wants to draft the second their adult teeth come it, he'll probably be able to sustain it.

Last edited:

and then the game happened and he was completely wrong about everything...and then he was MIA for the next two Syracuse games. LOL

Its safe to say that Villanova has benefited immensely from realignment. Had they been in the ACC they would be the top 4th or 5th place team in the league like everyone else. I don't see them keeping this up over the course of the next twenty years or so but hey who knows.